Social Media Intern duties and responsibilities
The key duties and responsibilities of a Social Media Intern include SEO and email marketing, understanding and monitoring social media analytics, coordinating and distributing content and managing a company’s social media community. While performing the duties mentioned above, a Social Media Intern will need to:
- Research free online directories to generate SEO-focused inbound links
- Work with various departmental teams in creating and sending regular email broadcast around content ideas
- Work with directors in building monthly reporting tools on performance and social media analytics against the company’s baseline targets
- Use blog reader apps to follow the contents and blogs of the company’s key clients and competitors
- Track key social media analytics of the company including the professional networking company stats and other analytics monthly
- Set up and manage the image-sharing account of a company and post interesting photos regularly
- Use tools, such as Twitgroups, Technorati and Webflow to identify and monitor key Twitter influencers, trade journalists and industry bloggers
- Liaise with senior directors and consultants to push new blog posts through the calendar
Social Media Intern skills and qualifications
A successful Social Media Intern candidate should possess various prerequisite skills and qualifications as this will enable them to discharge their duties effectively. They must be well informed and passionate about their job. They must be quick learners who are generous enough to share their knowledge with others. A Social Media Intern must also own responsibility for their personal growth and actively seek development opportunities. Other skills and qualifications for a Social Media Intern include:
- Ability to collaborate and work closely with teams and departments
- Ability to schedule tasks and complete urgent ones with minimal fuss and fast turnaround time
- A resilient and robust attitude towards challenges and the ability to hold their cool under pressure
- A service-focused and pro-active attitude towards candidates and clients, and the teams they support internally
- A high motivation to learn and excellent attention to detail
- Ability to consistently demonstrate the company’s values of hard work and insight, and to remain effective in their approach to work
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office products, such as Excel, PowerPoint and Word, and key social media tools
- Interest in reputation management, social media, communications and marketing
Social Media Intern experience requirements
To be effective at discharging duties, a Social Media Intern requires an entry-level understanding of marketing strategy. They should be experienced in concept application throughout varied forms of outreach. They also need to have a minimum of two years of experience in social media management. This way, they will be sure o work with a diverse group of employees and collaborate towards implementing many initiatives of the company at once.
Social Media Intern education and training requirements
A Social Media Intern candidate must possess a Bachelor’s Degree in Public Relations, Journalism, Marketing, Communication, Business Administration or related field. It is also preferable that they have a professional certification in Google Analytics. During their internship program, a Social Media Intern receives their training under the direction of a supervisor, such as the Marketing Manager or Social Media Manager. During this time, they are trained on the company’s social media marketing strategies and specific tasks related to the company.
Social Media Intern salary expectations
According to Indeed Salaries, the average salary of a Social Media Intern is $15.59 per hour. However, this figure may vary depending on the company, location and the experience level of the intern.
Job description samples for similar positions
Other job description samples are available for your reference if this is not quite what you are looking for.