Cosmetologist job summary
A great job description starts with a compelling summary of the position and its role within your company. Your summary should provide an overview of your company and expectations for the position. Outline the types of activities and responsibilities required for the job so job seekers can determine if they are qualified, or if the job is a good fit.
Example of a Cosmetologist job summary
Our salon is looking for a talented Cosmetologist who is passionate about meeting customer expectations and able to provide the precise results our clients are looking for. Our team is dedicated to exceptional customer service and building up a large client base, and the ideal candidate for this role has similar goals in mind. We offer ongoing training for our team that is designed to help increase customer satisfaction. If you are interested in growing and learning in your cosmetology career, we encourage you to apply today.
Cosmetologist responsibilities and duties
The responsibilities and duties section is the most important part of the job description. Here you should outline the functions this position will perform on a regular basis, how the job functions within the organization and who the job reports to.
- Perform beauty procedures for clients, including eyebrow waxing, makeup application and eyelash extensions
- Assist in monitoring the inventory of salon supplies and submitting purchasing requisitions when needed
- Collaborate with the rest of the salon staff to keep the work area clean and create a pleasant atmosphere for clients
- Attend all company training sessions to learn how to offer more services at an expert level
- Work with salon management to create marketing programs designed to attract more customers
Cosmetologist qualifications and skills
Next, outline the required and preferred skills for your position. This may include education, previous job experience, certifications and technical skills. You may also include soft skills and personality traits that you envision for a successful hire. While it may be tempting to include a long list of skills and requirements, including too many could dissuade qualified candidates from applying. Keep your list of qualifications concise, but provide enough detail with relevant keywords and terms.
- High school diploma/GED required
- Must possess a valid cosmetology license
- 2+ years’ salon experience preferred
- Exceptional customer service and interpersonal communication skills
- Proven ability to sell products and upsell on services