Pathologist job summary
A great job description starts with a compelling summary of the position and its role within your company. Your summary should provide an overview of your company and expectations for the position. Outline the types of activities and responsibilities required for the job so job seekers can determine if they are qualified, or if the job is a good fit.
Example of a Pathologist job summary
Our hospital is seeking an experienced Pathologist who can become part of a team that is focused on learning more about disease transmission. The Pathologist will be responsible for analyzing laboratory data and conducting research that adds critical detail to previous clinical studies to help bring us closer to identifying the sources of several diseases. The ideal candidate for this position will have a background and strong interest in the study of autoimmune diseases such as type 1 diabetes and multiple sclerosis.
Pathologist responsibilities and duties
The responsibilities and duties section is the most important part of the job description. Here you should outline the functions this position will perform on a regular basis, how the job functions within the organization and who the job reports to.
- Work directly with imaging scientists to create analysis algorithms that drive 3D modeling based on various laboratory sample results
- Combine data from several different sources, including genomic data sets, into a single observational study
- Work with other team members to translate biomarker evaluations into useful clinical data
- Conduct ongoing analysis of clinical data to increase confidence throughout the study in the results being achieved
- Lead a segment of the team on identifying the proteins and other tissue elements required to lead to cures for certain diseases
Pathologist qualifications and skills
Next, outline the required and preferred skills for your position. This may include education, previous job experience, certifications and technical skills. You may also include soft skills and personality traits that you envision for a successful hire. While it may be tempting to include a long list of skills and requirements, including too many could dissuade qualified candidates from applying. Keep your list of qualifications concise, but provide enough detail with relevant keywords and terms.
- MD required
- 3+ years’ experience in clinical medical research
- Ability to utilize ISH Target Expression and other biomarker evaluations
- Strong teamwork skills required
- CAP-ACP registration required