Quality Assurance Engineer duties and responsibilities
A Quality Assurance Engineer has a variety of duties and responsibilities to excel at their job, including:
- Assessing current products or services and identifying quality issues
- Determining performance indicators for a product or service’s quality
- Recommending solutions to quality issues
- Managing product improvement projects from start to finish
- Preparing quality reports for senior management
- Attending training sessions to learn the best practices for how to improve the quality of products and services
Quality Assurance Engineer skills and qualifications
A successful Quality Assurance Engineer needs various essential skills and qualifications to perform their duties confidently, including:
- Keen attention to detail
- Strong multitasking skills to transition between jobs without compromising quality standards
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a team
- Leadership skills to manage other team members
- Time management and organization skills
- Problem-solving skills to find solutions for various quality issues
Quality Assurance Engineer experience requirements
A Quality Assurance Engineer needs hands-on experience to excel in their role. Ideally, candidates should have at least two years of experience in quality assurance. Alternatively, someone with in-depth experience and understanding of the product or service can also be successful. A good Quality Assurance Engineer must know how to use planning and programming tools and be familiar with the Microsoft Office suite to record and communicate their findings. Additional experience requirements for Quality Assurance Engineers depend on the hiring organization’s needs and the specifics of the industry.
Quality Assurance Engineer education and training requirements
Quality Assurance Engineers need a bachelor’s degree in industrial engineering or a related engineering field. A master’s degree or doctorate in an engineering discipline is a plus for a candidate. Candidates may need training on operation research, quality control, and related aspects of the job for entry-level Quality Assurance Engineers. However, ideal candidates may have training certifications or past work experience.
When going through resumes, look for Quality Assurance Engineers with a license from an Association of Professional Engineers in their province or territory. For example, consider candidates who are members of the Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of New Brunswick. Other education and training requirements depend on your organization’s specific needs and the industry.
Quality Assurance Engineer salary expectations
According to Indeed Salaries, the average salary for a Quality Assurance Engineer in Canada is $62,275 per year. Salaries can vary depending on location, company, and the candidate’s level of experience.
Job description samples for similar positions
If a Quality Assurance Engineer job description is not quite what you’re looking for, other job description samples include: