Production Worker duties and responsibilities
A Production Worker creates or assembles finished products through the use of various tools or machinery. They are part of an assembly line of workers, each with specific roles in the production process. Here are some of the day-to-day tasks of a Production Worker in any industry:
- Sand or paint items
- Verify products for quality assurance purposes
- Keep track of and report damaged or lost items
- Repair defective or damaged materials
- Ensure product meets all regulations
- Operate machinery and tools to effectively create the finished product
- Report to Production Manager with production estimates and updates
- Signal mechanical errors to Production Manager
Production Worker skills and qualifications
A good Production Worker candidate will be able to seamlessly infiltrate the workflow and create quality work through excellent craftsmanship. They will have some of the following skills:
- A team player
- Respects shift start times
- Understands safety regulations and applies them daily
- Good organizational skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Is very detail-oriented
Production Worker experience requirements
Any prior experience in construction or factory work is an asset for a Production Worker. They will learn on-the-job, but practical experience using tools or machinery, or working as part of a production line, will prepare the applicant for the role. General labourers already have a basic understanding of how to manage the workflow.
Production Worker education and training requirements
Candidates are expected to have a secondary school diploma. There is no formal certification required, but any certifications in construction or as a General Labourer are considered an asset. On-the-job training is available for the Production Worker position. If the job includes working with hazardous materials, completion of a safety course may be required.
Production Worker salary expectations
According to Indeed Salaries, the average hourly rate for a Production Worker is $15.99. Salaries can vary based on location, type of industry, and experience.
Job description samples for similar positions
If this job description sample isn’t exactly along the lines of what you’re looking for in an employee, browse the similar job description samples below to find the right fit for your company.