Junior Accountant skills and qualifications
Accounting is primarily a people business, irrespective of how many numbers are involved in the job. In addition to being comfortable with financial calculations, a Junior Accountant must also demonstrate a level of customer service skill when interacting with clients. Therefore, a successful Junior Accountant candidate must have various prerequisite skills and qualifications, including:
- Advanced competency in accounting software
- Excellent communication, IT, and report writing skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- High proficiency in mathematics and the ability to think critically
- Ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced work environment
- Superb organizational skills and excellent attention to detail
- Analytical mind with strong problem-solving and conceptual skills
- Sound understanding of financial and accounting practices and principles
Junior Accountant experience requirements
As a basic requirement, a Junior Accountant generally has a minimum of one year of experience working as an Accountant or Accounts Clerk. They will also preferably have experience working with relevant accounting software, such as SAP.
Junior Accountant education and training requirements
A Junior Accountant must possess a Bachelor’s Degree in accounting, business administration, finance, or any other relevant field. In addition, they may also be a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) and should have excellent analytical skills.
Junior Accountant salary expectations
According to Indeed Salaries, the average salary for a Junior Accountant is $43,258 per year. This may vary depending on the geographical location, company, and experience or job duties.
Job description samples for similar positions
Other job description samples are available to browse if a Junior Accountant is not quite what you are looking for, including: