Job search engines vs. job boards
- Indeed is a job search engine, with powerful search tools to help job seekers find exactly the kinds of jobs they are looking for.
- Search engines like Indeed aggregate job listings from thousands of job boards, career sites and recruiter listings.
- Indeed helps employers find the right candidates out of a broad talent pool.
- On Indeed, job seekers’ search results include both aggregated listings and those posted directly by employers.
*TalentNext, Sources of Hires Report 2017
Indeed is different from most online recruitment tools for employers. As a search engine, Indeed aggregates job listings from thousands of sources across the internet, including job boards, company career sites and recruiter listings. This consolidation of job listings both eliminates the need for companies to post jobs in multiple locations and streamlines the search process for job seekers.
In addition to aggregating job listings from other sources, Indeed search results include jobs that were posted directly by employers. Many small and medium sized businesses post jobs to Indeed rather than maintaining their own career sites, but companies of all sizes use this self-serve recruitment tool. Jobs posted directly to Indeed are managed through an online employer dashboard and can be easily browsed and applied to from mobile devices, making it easy for candidates to apply even if a computer isn’t accessible.
However listings end up on Indeed, job seekers can use simple yet powerful search tools to find opportunities that are relevant to their skills and interests.
- Indeed drives three times as many hires than all other job sites combined.1
- Indeed delivers three times more top-rated applicants than all other job sites combined.2
- Indeed receives over eight million unique visits each month in Canada.3
With more quality jobs on offer, more job seekers choose Indeed. The combination of job volume and candidate activity produces more hires than any other site, by far.
1 TalentNext, Sources of Hires Report 2017
2 TalentNext, Sources of Hires Report 2017
3 Google Analytics, Unique Visitors, June 2018