This job has expired on Indeed
20-54 Assistive Devices Technologist
POSITION TITLE: Assistive Devices Technologist
STATUS: Temporary Part Time (0-24 hrs/wk)
CLASSIFICATION: Less Than 12 month - Part Time Support Staff
EFFECTIVE DATE: September 8th, 2020 –June 4, 2021
SALARY: $ 29.58/hr
STARTING SALARY: $ 29.58/hr
CLOSING DATE: September 7th, 2020
DIVISION: Advising Services (Accessibility Services)
COMPETITION #: 20-54
At Northern College, we’re driven by our commitment to the ongoing success and development of our students, our communities and our staff. A career with Northern College can provide you with meaningful opportunities for your professional growth, and we’re confident that our friendly, collaborative workplace culture will contribute to your personal growth as well.
In addition, to a rewarding career, some of the other benefits offered to eligible employees of Northern College include competitive salaries, a defined-benefit pension plan, and access to our athletics facilities and wellness program.
Reporting to the Campus Manager, the incumbent is responsible to:
· determine how best to provide students with disabilities, the technology (hardware and software) that will help ensure success in their program of study;
- establish a connection with the students to determine their specific needs and develops a plan for implementation;
- researches new technical products available for students with learning disabilities as well as remain current with research regarding learning strategies and their effectiveness with students with learning disabilities;
- train and instruct students on assistive technology that they utilize to aid them in their course work.
· 3-year diploma in one of the following fields of study or equivalent: Electronics Engineering Technician, Computer Engineering Technology or related course in the field of technology;
· Minimum of 3 years’ experience working with adults in a post-secondary setting;
· Experience working with adults with learning disabilities;
· Required computer proficiency with knowledge of current programs,
· Knowledge of assistive technology, both hardware and software, used for people with disabilities;
Northern College is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free selection process. If contacted regarding this competition, please advise the interview coordinator of accommodation measures you may require during our selection process. Information received relating to accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.
The successful candidate may be required to provide a criminal reference check.
HOW TO APPLY: Please visit the Northern College website at: www.northernc.on.ca and click on the Careers at Northern link to apply through our online job application system.
While we thank all applicants for their interest in Northern College, only those to be interviewed will be contacted.
Northern College values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Types: Part-time, Temporary
Salary: $29.58 per hour
- Monday to Friday