Inputting dockets, drafting, proofreading, revising and issuing documents such as Share Purchase Agreements, Resolutions, Closing Agendas, Minute Books, Take Over Bids, Mergers and Acquisitions, Term Sheets, etc., drafting and finalizing correspondence.
4 years of being responsible for managing Local Chair of the Business Law Group’s confidential and administrative tasks including:
- Associate Reviews on a semi-annual basis
- Budget documentation
- Hiring and Termination Processes
- Approvals of expenses
- Arranging meetings relating to the interview process of Associates
- Drafting charts, tables and other related confidential documents
- Handling complaints, concerns and praise
- Preparation of confidential memorandums to be sent to other local chairs in other practice groups.
Responsible for conflict searches and approval process of new clients.
Responsible for maintaining individual files for each Associate and Partner in the Business Law Group.
Managed Senior Partner’s practice on their behalf in their absence and while on sabbatical
• Arranging meetings, travel and accommodations
• Opening and Closing files.
Independently communicated with external clients on a daily basis.
Compiled Record Books and participated in numerous Closings.
Maintaining centralized filing system.
Managing business expenses.
Preparing files for storage.
Worked with detailed lengthy documents.
Managed heavy paper workload for Senior Partner and Junior Associate.
Active member in the following committees: Social Committee, Health and Safety Committee and United Way Committee and Move Committee.
Work with Senior Partners on lengthy transactions at special request.
Most difficult part of the job is the lack of knowledge in other departments when needed.
Most enjoyable part of the job was the work, the people and the team work amongst other co-corkers.
Over the 9 years of working at this Firm my co-workers became family. We always helped each other with no hesitation.
Too many mergers within the Company