Typical day to day:
• Plan, build, Schedule, and Maintain Projects Utilizing Primavera P6 for Systems IT Development as well as Research and Development Projects (R&D)
• Work with Program level Leadership, Project Managers, and Project Coordinators to Identify resources, via Roles & Skillset for their perspective assignments within project & Primavera, and systematically assign them via Interim cyber sourcing system
• Conduct Project Inception Planning meetings to establish relationships between projects related activities, milestones and deliverables.
• Obtain labor estimates from project resources to complete activities and work breakdown structures (WBS)
• Scope identification
• Creating project scope documentation, supporting scope, execution and deliverables of project utilizing Visio.
• Maintain Interim project tracking and reporting systems (Lotus Notes)
• Track project financial health & funding
• Create & produce reports for program sponsoring executive leadership, as well as project management, for budget, resource time logging, schedule status, weekly labor costs, project forecasting etc. leading the overall health of the project(s)
• Primavera weekly status updating & maintenance
• Attend / engage in State Farm Leadership level development center (DC) meetings
• Attend / engage weekly project team meetings (Onsite & Remotely)
• Attend / engage in State Farm program specific meetings
• Attend / engage with State Farm highly developed IT Release Team
• Attending Interim Planner Advisory Group Meetings
• Analyzing, accepting, and rejecting resource time sheet submissions to ensure of proper project time charging within assigned responsibilities, activities and Work Breakdown Structures
• Allocating/ assigning resources to proper aligning time reporting activities and Work Breakdown Structures
• Assist Project Managers and Project Coordinators with overall project coordination,
as well as, the coordination of deliverable approvals & acceptances within projects
• Direct and assist PM to bring project to an orderly close
• Maintain multiple projects
• Identify, maintain, and status Cross project Dependencies across multiple development centers and projects.
• Work directly with PMO office to ensure of proper coding for rollup reporting to State Farm IT release team
• Meet the expectations of project(s) solution development methodology (SDM)
• Create Project Glossary(s)
• Many more role and skillset related responsibilities available upon request
• Maintain a combined total budget of $6 Million dollars across all projects assigned
A whole new side of professional project management in a very large successful corporate environment. Overall functionality in a very complex ground up build IT development, in such a vast corporate environment, the structuring within, and the methodology associated with the such.
Words cannot express enough the team work, the helpfulness, and the overall leadership in such a huge Enterprise IT development.
Everyone I had the pleasure to work with on my project teams as well as within my DC (development center), were wonderful, very hard working, friendly, and I can honestly say it was a pleasure meeting & working with each and everyone of them.
Hardest part of the job:
Clarifying levels / terminology of development & testing from one development center to another in a ground up IT Build infrastructure, as terminology and deliverables varied widely across 10 development centers.
Most enjoyable part:
The people I met, the relationships built, the aggressive teamwork conveyed, and the cultural diversity.
Availibity to work remotely if needed, enjoyable work environment, cafeteria and restaraunts within had great food, and food days!
40 min. drive to and from onsite location, however really not much of a con, just had to leave earlier and get home later