j&p auto jobs
- NewUrgently hiringJ & P Auto Ltd.Edmonton, ABFull-time +18 hour shift
Easily applyResponsive employerEmployerActive 3 days ago
- We are truly Edmonton’s one stop shop for auto repair, auto body, fleet maintenance, and detailing.
- The Service Advisor will be responsible to assist customers…
- Urgently hiringCliffs Towing Ltd.Edmonton, ABFull-timeMonday to Friday +4
Easily applyEmployerActive 3 days ago
- You don’t mind being on call for various shifts with a company that operates 24 hours per day, and you are looking for full-time work.*_.
Job Post Details
BenefitsPulled from the full job description
- Dental care
- Paid time off
HIRING EXPERIENCED TRAFFIC CONTROLLER/PILOT DRIVERS TO JOIN OUR TEAM!
Do you have an interest in safety and assisting others? You don’t mind being on call for various shifts with a company that operates 24 hours per day, and you are looking for full-time work.
YOU MUST HAVE BOTH TRAFFIC CONTROL AND PILOT DRIVING EXPERIENCE TO BE CONSIDERED.
Reporting directly to the Operations Manager, the Traffic Control/Pilot Truck Driver will be responsible to control and direct traffic through accident zones while your team clears the scene.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
- Set up, re-position and dismantle traffic specific signage.
- Protect workers and the public by keeping work space free of traffic, and warning oncoming traffic of potential hazards.
- Communicate effectively with other accident personnel using established procedures and radio equipment to ensure the understanding of instructions, track protection limits, work site hazards and other specific site conditions.
- Install and dismantle traffic control devices (flags) at designated locations
- Prepares daily timesheets, work sheets and other reports as required
- Promotes, executes and adheres to the company’s safety program, and encourage all employees and sub-contractors to adopt safety as a culture.
- Driving of assigned company vehicle.
- Other duties as assigned
- Sound understanding of traffic safety regulations, safe work practices and work procedures and be capable of assisting in maintaining safe work sites
- Able to work in a safety sensitive position, in a unique role directing traffic within tight schedules
- Knowledge of workplace safety requirements and procedures
- Ability to maintain concentration and mental alertness in a variety of situations.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- Ability to read instructions, follow written policies and procedures
Qualifications and Competencies:
- A high school diploma with 2 years of related work experience.
- Valid Alberta Class “5” Driver’s License (without GDL).
- Security clearance required
- Clean Driver's Abstract.
- Alberta Traffic Safety certification considered an asset.
- Prior experience working within a traffic control company is a definite asset.
- Must be able to work nights and weekends, hours are dependent on the traffic/accident situation and you may be called upon to work/travel away from home. Flexibility is essential in this position.
- Perform duties in inclement weather, with possible exposure to severe weather conditions.
- Be able to lift 50 lbs
- Outdoor environment, occasional shop and office.
WE ARE A 24/7 365 DAY A YEAR OPERATION. CANDIDATES MUST BE FLEXIBLE IN TERMS OF AVAILABILITY (DAYS, EVENINGS, WEEKENDS).
Here at Cliffs Towing, we work hard to create a progressive and supportive work environment for our employees that encourages new ideas and common-sense solutions. We focus on collaborative efforts and always take the time to see the fun side of life. We are strong believes in work-life balance and offer competitive compensation packages.
Operating as Greater Edmonton Taxi Service, J&P Auto, Prestige Transportation, and Cliffs Towing, at 2370845 Alberta Ltd., we provide a supportive and progressive work environment for our employees that will not only challenge, but encourage new ideas and common-sense solutions. We focus on collaborative efforts and always take the time to see the funny side of life! We offer a competitive compensation package and are strong believers in work/life balance.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental care
- Paid time off
Flexible Language Requirement:
- French not required
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends as needed
- Please share details of your traffic control and pilot driving experience.
- security: 1 year (preferred)
- road traffic control AND pilot driving: 1 year (required)
- commercial driving: 1 year (required)
- Class 5 NON GDL (required)
Work Location: In person