Youth and Family Church Program Coordinator
Full job description
As the Youth and Family Church Program Coordinator, you will work as part of a team consisting of: the Minister, Music Director, staff, and volunteers to develop and implement programming for those under 40 and the broader Newmarket community within our church community. This is a layperson position, not ministerial.
The purpose of this position is to grow our church membership which reflects and engages the diverse population of Newmarket. We are focusing specifically on building strong connections with young adults, families, children, and youth to increase our church family membership.
The work of the Youth and Family Church Program Coordinator will be guided by the visioning reports of Trinity United Church and be in alignment with the Call and Vision of The United Church of Canada – respect, integrity, passion, and diversity.
Accountability and Support
The Coordinator is accountable to the Trinity United Church Leadership Team through the Chair of the Ministry and Personnel Committee.
Programming for People Under 40 (10 hours per week)
- Provide leadership in the planning, development, and implementation of an overall innovative program that is engaging for young adults, children, youth and young families to attract this population to our church
- Recruit, nurture and assist volunteers to design and implement programming for young adults, children, youth, and young families run within our church
- Organize Sunday morning programming for children and youth during the church service
- Assist with the planning and implementation of programming for the Kindness Club within our church
Community Outreach (10 hours per week)
- Work with the Minister to build relationships with, and programs for, the wider diverse Newmarket community which will be run in our church
- Optimize technology, including social media, to connect the congregation with the wider community and to promote these programs for young families
Leadership Skills and Abilities
- An inclusive approach that encourages relationships with team members
- Provides dynamic, relevant leadership in the two areas of responsibility outlined above
- Facilitates consensus among group members
- Proven ability to demonstrate diversity, equity and inclusivity values and training in all aspects of work and church life
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Strong communication and relationship skills
- Experience with program design and community outreach
- Creative and innovative use of technology including social media
- Effective organizational skills
- Good listener who is approachable, personable, and empathetic
- There is an expectation that the successful candidate will participate in mandatory United Church of Canada training on equity and boundaries and other training, when requested
- Has been baptized
- Provides a level 2 police vulnerable sector check upon offer of employment
- Access to transportation
- This is a layperson position, not ministerial
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
Salary: $20.00-$30.00 per hour
Expected hours: 20 per week
- Casual dress
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- Every Weekend
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Newmarket, ON L3Y 1V9: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Do you have experience creating programs for young families that would draw the community into our church?
- Do you have experience working with youth and children?
Work Location: In person