Supervisor - Special Projects - Industrial Coatings and Painting
The Industrial Coatings Supervisor is responsible for facilitating industrial coatings contracts, coordinating, and directing site activities, and monitoring project timelines and operations in the Hydro Generation Projects.
Duties and Responsibilities
Facilitate and oversee production on major Hydro Mechanical / Hydro Generation coating projects ensuring quality, profitability and demonstrated value to the client.Ensure proper planning and scheduling of resources, including required tooling for work fronts.Responsible for the coatings schedule in conjunction with the project team to meet completion dates.Direct and manage industrial coating activities and site personnel to exceed customer expectations.Coordinate site activities to achieve the Company’s business plan goals.Evaluate, monitor, and report contract operating performance data, communicating results to senior management and subordinate managers.Maintain, track, and report all financial aspects of project as required.Maintain accurate records related to inventory, billed work, hours worked, services produced, and services purchased.Identify opportunities to achieve the best possible outcome for schedule and financial targets and taking corrective action when needed.Provide leadership and mentorship to employees on-site.Set up, diagnose, and operate sand and sponge blasting equipment.Maintain and ensure positive client relationships and assist in resolving customer issues or discrepancies.Direct, manage, and coordinate safety activities to promote a safe work environment.Oversee safety related training by complying with federal and provincial safety rules and training on-site crews.Understand applicable legislation in regard to abrasive blasting pressurized equipment, supplied air systems, etc.All other coatings related supervisory tracking and documentation
- Hydro Generation Experience
- Exceptional Blue print interpretation skills
- Project Management experience
- Environmental and Health and Safety Compliance knowledge for Canadian and US requirements
- Time management
- Ability to organize priorities according to company timelines.
- Highly motivated and able to follow instructions with minimal supervision.
A minimum of 10 years experience in Hydro Generation Coatings / Painting projectsRequires thorough knowledge of lead abatement methods, protections, and testing for workers.NACE Certified Coating Inspector Level III required
- Lead Abatement certification considered an asset
- WTWA Spray Equipment Certified
- Requires excellent oral, written, and presentation skills.
- Requires ability build a positive team environment, must posses strong leadership qualities.
- Requires ability to interact and communicate with client representatives.
- Requires the ability to create and communicate the project strategic direction.
- Requires strong organization and time management skills.
- Requires close attention to detail.
- Overtime may be required.
We sincerely thank all candidates who apply. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Hydro Tech Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and commits to make any necessary disability-related accommodations, upon request, throughout the entirety of the recruitment and selection process.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $35.00-$45.00 per hour
Expected hours: 40 per week
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
Flexible Language Requirement:
- French not required
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
- Overtime pay
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Sault Ste. Marie, ON P6B 5Z9: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- industrial painting: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: In person