Who We Are
Viaggio Hospitality Group is one of British Columbia’s largest hospitality companies and is a leader in providing outstanding food and beverage experiences. We are a growing number of establishments, each with its own unique concept, Viaggio Hospitality Group’s mission is to provide a unified experience of exceptional service, quality, offerings and general hospitality.
There is something to offer for every type of guest; whether you’re looking for an upscale dining experience, a comfortable place to rest, a liquor store with impeccable selection, a beautiful course to swing some golf clubs, a lively night club or an exciting bar to catch the game, Viaggio Hospitality Group is yours to explore, enjoy and create lasting memories. Some notable establishments are the Downtown Moda Hotel, Ancora Waterfront Dining & Patio, Howe Sound Brewing, Viti Wine & Lager and Birchbank Golf Course.
Howe Sound Taphouse & Kitchen (New West) serves award-winning ales and lagers fresh from the brewery. Our menu is full of house-made favourites & our chefs focus on freshness & unique flavours cooking with our beer, seasonal produce & local seafood.
We are looking for Sous Chefs for Howe Sound, New West location. The successful candidate is one who is an energetic and motivated team player who works well under pressure in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
What You’ll Do
- Ensure consistent food preparation and presentation of the highest calibre
- Have a passion for food and the hospitality industry
- Govern safety and sanitation practices in the kitchen
- Keep up with industry trends
- Partake in menu planning with the management team
What You Have
- 3 years of work experience in a similar capacity
- You're a born chef with superior technical and natural cooking abilities.
- Experienced cook with responsibility for and ability to work the hot side of the kitchen (meat/pasta) and assist the chef with day to day operations,
- Butchery and pasta making experience and passion is an asset
- Experience in cooking in cold and hot stations
- Ability to thrive in high-volume, fast-paced environments.
- Team-player attitude; you thrive in a team environment and are an expert communicator in the kitchen.
- Ability to work efficiently and in an organized manner.
- Must be legally authorized to work in Canada to be considered.
Why You’ll Love Working with Us
- Full-time Salaried position
- Competitive salary
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $40,000.00-$60,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Paid time off
- Day shift
- Evening shift
Work Location: In person