Senior Accountant / Assistant Controller
Interested in a job with Bandstra Transportation?
We are a transportation and logistics company, providing dedicated LTL & TL, van and deck service across Western Canada. With more than 65 years of service, we have developed a well-known and solid reputation for providing unparalleled service to our customers. With the experience that comes from servicing everything from the largest mines and manufacturers to the smallest local business, our team is equipped to handle almost any transportation project.
Our people are the key to our success! This is why we have been recognized by Trucking HR Canada as a Top Fleet Employer. From the clerk to the President, each person plays an important role in the overall supply chain, ensuring our customers receive their goods in the time frame they expect. We have a strong commitment to safety, as verified by our COR certification. We operate new equipment, which is continually maintained to the highest standard.
Join our team today – apply now!
We are currently accepting resumes for an experienced Senior Accountant / Assistant Controller based in Smithers, BC.
Start Date: As Soon As Possible
- Preparation of monthly account reconciliations, including bank reconciliations, intercompany, prepaids and various accruals leading to the timely completion of monthly financial statements and reports.
- Preparation of monthly and quarterly working papers for submission to parent company
- Assist the Controller with month end, quarterly and year end processes and reports.
- Follow and maintain internal controls and provide transparency regarding the controls.
- Responsible for capital expenditures program including tracking additions, disposals and
recording monthly amortization.
- Collaborate on annual budget development and financial plans for senior management.
- Assist and work with external auditors to meet regulator audit requirements.
- Review AP payments for accuracy and prepare weekly cash projections.
- Review GST filings and reporting for tax compliance.
- Aid in the development and preparation of terminal profit and loss statements.
- Collaborate in the development and maintenance of key performance measures.
- Participate in monthly management meetings/calls.
- Establish and maintain strong, collaborative relationships, and provide excellent customer service to a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
- Participate in process improvement and change management initiatives related to both operational and administrative functions.
- Lead and facilitate adhoc projects or tasks, as assigned.
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in Business Administration, Accounting, or Finance.
- Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) designation, or working towards designation, is preferred.
- 2 - 5 years of post-designation experience supporting multi-entity organizations.
- Strong understanding of financial accounting principles
- Previous experience with IFRS reporting is an asset
- Proven ability to effectively manage multiple tasks while meeting competing deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate and build relationships at all levels of the organization.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel and Office Suite.
- Competitive salary
- Full medical benefits
- RRSP Matching
Bandstra is always looking for talented individuals who thrive in challenging environments. If you feel that you are the right person for this job, please respond to this ad.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
Work Location: In person