Full job description
Territory: Manitoba & Saskatchewan
Target Hire: Winnipeg or Regina
Excited by the prospect of providing cannabis product education, engaging in community events, and building relationships with retailers and consumers? Do you work best in a collaborative environment where you can also flex your entrepreneurial skills? Want to compare notes with your boss about what strain you sampled over the weekend?
Join the Sunday Market team!
We’re looking for a Sales Representative to support our growing team. Reporting to the Senior Director Commercial, the successful candidate will focus on the Manitoba & Saskatchewan recreational market. This position will be responsible for managing sales activities across the province of Manitoba & Saskatchewan.
- Manage all accounts in their assigned territory and establish Sunday Market brands as a first-choice partner with customers.
- Host Product Knowledge campaigns for educating retail employees.
- In-store activation campaigns for educating and engaging consumers.
- Retail relationship management with store managers, purchasers and floor staff including bud tenders.
- Development of Business Plans to generate growth in territory.
- Secure, maintain and drive growth with new listings.
- Identify new distribution opportunities and build partnerships that maximize profitable share and volume through distribution, visibility and service of Aleafia Health Recreational Portfolio.
- Effectively manage your given territory, maintain CRM database on daily customer/prospect interactions and targets to coordinate with business goals.
- Execute territory annual plan and commitments
- Secure and maintain digital and physical store display opportunities.
- Harvesting new opportunities and insights while in the field and communicating those back to sales team.
- Resolve customer complaints by proactively investigating problems; developing solutions; preparing reports and making recommendations to management.
- Stay on top of industry trends and events both nationally and specific to your provincial territory.
- Building a personal social media presence (Instagram, LinkedIn)
- Coordinating trade needs for Manitoba & Saskatchewan with the Marketing team, including: creative planning, budget tracking, strategic implementation and review of campaigns.
- Manage retail relationships with key account store managers and purchasers to support rapid growth in the province.
Experience / Education
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent is required
- Minimum two (2) years in Sales or Account Management.
- Previous experience in cannabis, beverage alcohol or related industries an asset.
- Previous people management experience an asset
- Valid driver’s license with clean driving record
- Able to pass an RCMP security clearance
Skills & Abilities
- Exceptional Account Management.
- Comfortable with cold calling in a retail environment.
- Proficient pursuing sales leads and ongoing follow-up with management.
- Able to expertly present, promote, and sell cannabis products produced by Aleafia Health.
- Work well independently while also being an open collaborator with the sales and marketing team.
- Proven strong negotiation skills.
- Proven ability to meet or exceed sales objectives.
- Passion for exceptional customer service.
- Exceptional time management and prioritization skills.
- Familiar with all Canadian Cannabis Regulations.
- Passion for cannabis a must.
- Some moderate lifting and display set-up required.
- 80% of time spent in-field with retailers.
- Ability to work some nights and weekends.
Note: The chosen applicant will be required to successfully complete reference checks and a criminal background check.
We appreciate the interest by all candidates however we will be contacting those that best fit the requirements. If you are selected to participate in the recruitment process, please inform Human Resources of any accommodations you may require. Aleafia Health will work with you in an effort to ensure that you are able to fully participate in the process.
Job Type: Full-time
- Automobile allowance
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Work from home
- Monday to Friday
- Are you located in Manitoba or Saskatchewan?
- Do you have previous experience in cannabis retail sales?
- sales or account management: 2 years (required)
Work Location: One location