Registered Early Childhood Educator
Full job description
About Macaulay Tree House Daycare:
Macaulay Tree House is a non-profit organization that is licensed by the Ministry of Education. The Day Nursery has been providing quality child care in our community since 1990. Macaulay Tree House prides itself on our exceptional programs and committed, hard-working staff. Being a part of our team will help you gain hands-on experience in the childcare and education fields. We have established and maintained great working relationships with various community supports, such as the staff at each school and the school board, as well as The District Municipality of Muskoka for their Assessment for Quality Improvement checks, Community Living, Simcoe Muskoka Family Connections, HANDS the Family Help Network, and the Ministry of Education. We are looking for hard-working, dependable, caring individuals who strive for excellence and aim to exceed expectations.
Reports To: Executive Director
The Registered ECE shall give first priority to the developmental needs and interests of each child in care. Plan according to the philosophy of MTH. Gear the program to the needs of the individual child with concerns for his/her interests in learning. Encourage the growth of a warm, loving, nurturing environment and treat each child with dignity and respect, encouraging positive self-esteem through day to day interaction. Inform parents of their child's progress regarding the activities that they participate in. Provide positive evaluation to all students. Attend regular staff meetings and other meetings as required. Complete paperwork necessary to promote communication with parents as needed. Promote and encourage growth of self-help skills in the areas of eating, toileting, dressing and socializing. Act as a liaison between MTH staff and parents. Assist in ordering of equipment and supplies. Arrange and implement age appropriate educational outings to promote community awareness. Housekeeping duties as required to maintain program – cleaning the room, disinfecting toys, setting up and putting away of snack/lunch area and setting up different play areas.
The person is responsible for planning and implementing a quality program for children aged fifteen months to twelve years. Each Teacher shall strive to adopt professional attitudes and behaviors in their work as a model and teacher of young children. The work shall provide a physically safe and emotionally supportive environment, showing sensitivity to the individual needs of young children in all aspects of development. This person will use the “How Does Learning Happen” document to guide their teaching strategies, while viewing the children as competent, capable curious individuals who are rich in potential.
· Problem Solving
The applicant selected for this position must;
· Be professionally prepared as a teacher of young children.
· Have obtained their ECE Diploma or Equivalency.
· Be Registered with the College of ECE’s in good standing.
· Be able to meet the requirements of the licensing agency.
· Hold a valid First Aid and Level C CPR Certificate which is to be obtained on their own time.
· Provide a Vulnerable Sector Check through OPP.
· Be a sensitive and mature individual who is able to relate to both children and adults.
· Provide a doctor’s note and proof of immunization and TB test.
· Provide a safe and happy environment
· Supervise, guide and assist children in daily activities.
· Document necessary information pertinent to each child.
· Ensure activities adhere to the Child Care and Early Years Act.
· Give first priority to the developmental needs and interests of each child in care, as well as his/her specific medical and health needs.
· Plan, supervise and implement the program in accordance with the policies and program statement of the Macaulay Tree House.
· Gear the program to the needs of the individual child with concerns for his/her interests, special needs, and individual style and pace of learning.
· Encourage the growth of a warm, loving, nurturing environment and treat each child with dignity and respect encouraging positive self-esteem through day to day interaction.
· Conduct ongoing child assessments and inform parents of general progress of the child, maintaining confidentiality at all times.
· Provide positive, supportive assistance, supervision and guidance to students, supply teachers and volunteers as directed.
· Complete daily log books.
· Complete playground inspections.
· Complete sleep room logs.
· Complete monthly fire drills (School Age Program).
· Attend regular staff meetings and other meetings as required.
· Complete daily logs to promote communication with parents via Sandbox. (Day Care)
· Promote and encourage growth of Self-Help skills in the areas of eating, toileting, dressing and socializing.
· Assist in ordering equipment and supplies.
· Arrange and implement age appropriate educational outings to promote community awareness.
· Housekeeping duties as required to maintain the program. These items may include but are not limited to cleaning the room, disinfecting toys, setting up and putting away snack and lunch area, setting up different play areas.
· Will foster the engagement of ongoing communication with families about the program and their child's daily activities and development. By informing parents of general progress of the child, maintaining confidentiality at all times.
Interested applicants are invited to submit a cover letter and resume addressed to our Executive Director, Leesa Horsfield. Please indicate subject line as “Application: RECE.” Preferably in PDF from with both you resume and cover letter in the same document.
Applications are to be sent to email below.
Job posting closes to applicants Friday, October 8th.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Macaulay Tree House. However, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Application Deadline: 2021-10-08
Expected Start Date: 2021-10-11
Contract length: 18 months
Application deadline: 2021-10-08
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: $18.00-$24.00 per hour
- On-site parking
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
All staff must complete mandatory training on health and safety as well as wearing the proper PPE. We have developed an extensive policy regarding COVID that all must staff must review and sign.
Must be double vaccinated or be willing to test each week.
- Early childhood education: 2 years (preferred)