Philanthropy Officer (Cantonese Speaking)
Full job description
Who are we?
Richmond Hospital Foundation works to inspire joyful giving within the community, directing resources towards innovative initiatives to build a better and healthier future for Richmond. At Richmond Hospital Foundation, joy is at the very heart of the work we do. We inspire joyful giving, because to give joyfully is to know that you are part of the solution. It means being a part of a larger narrative, extending your support to loved ones, friends, neighbors, and colleagues. By embracing joyful giving, you become a catalyst for health and prosperity creating joyousness in coming together to create a life well-lived,
What we offer?
A full-time permanent position with a competitive annual salary ranging from $60,000 to $70,000, contingent on experience, providing opportunities for career growth through employer-paid training and leadership development. Our Total Compensation Package includes a comprehensive benefits package, such as Group Life Insurance, Long-Term Disability, Dental Care, Extended Health Care with various services, MSP coverage, Municipal Pension Plan eligibility, 20 vacation days per year, a wellness program, and the flexibility of a hybrid work model. Join Richmond Hospital Foundation to be part of a workplace that values positive culture, collaboration, and diversity, making a meaningful philanthropic impact through your contributions. If you're passionate about integrity, teamwork, and making a difference, Richmond Hospital Foundation welcomes you.
What’s the opportunity?
Join our Team as a Philanthropy Officer! Reporting to the Campaign Director, we are seeking a dynamic individual to bridge connections with the Chinese community in the Lower Mainland. The ideal candidate will have 3-5 years of experience in fundraising, business, communications, or marketing, coupled with a deep understanding of Canadian and Chinese cultural values. This role involves proactive engagement, donor strategy development, and collaboration with cross-functional teams. If you're passionate about philanthropy, possess strong interpersonal skills, highly proficient in Cantonese and English, and thrive in a collaborative environment, we invite you to apply. Make a lasting impact with us!
Grow philanthropic support for Richmond Hospital Foundation within the Chinese community by engaging with members of the community. Different donor segments require different engagement approaches and activities, including but not limited to:
- Attends or presents at associations/societies meetings and events
- Supports and stewards community fundraisers in the Chinese community
- Identifies opportunities, implements strategies to engage and convert to donors
- Recruits, train and lead volunteers to assist in fulfilling Community Giving (Chinese Community) initiatives
- Contributes to stewardship and engagement strategies for new donors and existing donors
- Stewards and cultivates mid-level donors ($1,000 to $9,999) with a view to grow them into major gifts donors
Major Gifts Philanthropy
Identifies prospective donors within the Chinese community who may be ready to move up in the donor pipeline
- Works with senior fundraisers to cultivate and solicit potential major gift donors, matching donor philanthropic interests with Foundation needs
- Develops and manages a portfolio of 15+ major gift prospects/donors
- Maintains accurate and current information on major gift activities, donors, and prospects using the donor database
- Manages effective and measurable metrics and indicators to demonstrate and track progress and provides timely reports to the Campaign Director
- Works with key external volunteers, including the Chinese Giving Ambassadors to identify potential donors/sponsors and strengthen Foundation’s image within the Chinese community
- Expands the Chinese donor network by contributing to the development and implementation of strategies to effectively reach local Chinese community (individuals, businesses and community associations)
- Helps implement the strategy to support the overall Foundation marketing and communications to reach the Chinese community
- Creates opportunities to educate prospective donors about philanthropy and why they should support Richmond Hospital Foundation
- Creates and/or provides editing from the English/Mandarin edition of the RHF marketing documents to Chinese edition (Traditional Chinese Characters), ensuring cultural sensitivity and language accuracy/proficiency
- Delivers on established measures/metrics related to specific strategies improving donor retention, re-engaging lapsed donors, inspiring donation upgrades, and furthering acquisition to monthly giving
- Monitors and records any media or digital information about Vancouver Coastal Health, Richmond Hospital/Community of Care, Richmond Hospital Foundation, other charities and major activities of the local Chinese community which circulates on local Chinese newspapers and social media such as WeChat (not limited)
Donor Events and Engagement
- Identifies, solicits and stewards Chinese sponsors
- Establishes the framework/expectations to donor engagement/events to help provide effective stewardship for the Chinse donors
- Supports in the creation of Chinese donor-focused cultivation/fundraising/ educational events
- Attends, volunteers, and participates in all Foundation events as required
- Other duties as required
What do you bring?
Knowledge and Experience
- University degree and/or professional certification in Journalism, Marketing or related business degree
- 3-5 years’ experience in fundraising, business, communications and/or marketing
- Extensive experience interacting with a diverse range of people
- Proven experience in engaging members of community around a common cause and goals
- Experience with digital fundraising programs and systems
- Deep understanding of Canadian and Chinese cultural values
Skills and Abilities
- Native Cantonese language skills are essential
- Exceptional relationship building and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated effectiveness working in cross-functional teams
- Exceptional listening skills
- Effective presentation skills
- Responsible and tactful handling of confidential information
- High moral values, integrity and professional standards
- Highly proficient in English and Cantonese, oral and written skills
- Competent intermediate user of office technology and information systems (including Word, Excel, Outlook, Access, PowerPoint) and donor databases, preferably Raiser’s Edge.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and access to a car
As the Foundation’s office is located within Richmond Hospital, it is a condition of employment that you be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Proof of vaccination status will be required.
How to Apply
If you think that you would like to be part of this dynamic organization and have the expertise, education and experience outlined above and are interested in a full-time position, please submit your cover letter and resume in a single PDF with “Your Full Name, Philanthropy Officer (Cantonese Speaking)" by Monday December 11, 2023. We truly appreciate all applicants for their interest and will contact those being considered for the position.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $60,000.00-$70,000.00 per year
- Company events
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- Wellness program
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends as needed
- Cantonese (required)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Richmond, BC V6X 1A2