Full job description
At ASPIRE we are pioneers in the field of optimizing the growth and harvesting of an underutilized natural resource in order to meet global demand for sustainable ingredients and materials. Our vision is A WORLD TRANSFORMED BY INSECT TECHNOLOGY.
We are currently seeking an experienced and dedicated Mechanical Engineer who will provide hands-on engineering support to the organization. You will be responsible for recommending, developing, and implementing optimal cost-effective and reliable equipment, manufacturing processes, methods and habitat components to drive increased operational performance.
This role is located on-site in London, Ontario, and reports to the Capital Projects Engineering and Continuous Improvement Manager.
This role will primarily work Monday to Friday, day shift, however work outside of standard working hours is required as needed to effectively support the location's 24/7 operation.
HOW YOU WILL MAKE CONTRIBUTIONS THAT MATTER
- Manage projects with consideration of safety, quality, cost and time constraints
- Promote a Health and Safety, Food Safety, and GMP Culture by adhering to company standards at all times.
- Design new habitat components for enhanced cricket yield
- Validate new component effectiveness / hypothesis by trials with crickets
- Manage vendor and manufacturer relationships
- Design and implement cost-effective equipment modifications to help improve safety, quality, reliability, throughput and effectiveness
- Monitor and respond to performance issues with existing equipment, automation, and processes
- Perform root cause analysis on issues as required
- Identify and make suggestions and eliminate waste (8 types) using TPS principles
- Ensure equipment and systems comply with relevant standards and legislation
- Drive cost savings initiatives
- Design new automation processes that outperform existing automation processes for deployment in future facilities (and existing ones, if feasible)
- Other related duties and required or assigned.
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, or any related field, is required
- Proficiency in Solidworks and AutoCAD modeling.
- Minimum of 5 years of practical engineering experience within a high-volume manufacturing environment.
- Good project management skills and the ability to motivate teams to produce quality work within tight timeframes.
- Good problem-solving skills and the ability to make the necessary decisions to move forward the work at hand.
- Strong ability to develop rapport with internal and external customers
- Able to work efficiently as a part of a team as well as independently.
- High level of critical and logical thinking, analysis, and/or reasoning to identify underlying principles, reasons, or facts.
- Able to work well under pressure and meet set deadlines.
- Strong Attention to detail in all areas of work
- Previous data analysis experience considered an asset
- Proficient with GSuite, Microsoft Office Suite, or similar software with the ability to learn new or updated software.
- Ability to travel as may be needed
GET EXCITED ABOUT ASPIRE
- Aspire has assembled the largest body of research on cricket biology and production in the world.
- We are pioneering the industry by customizing, synthesizing and integrating cutting-edge technologies, including Advanced Automation ASRS, IoT-Enabled Data Accumulation, Artificial Intelligence and Selective Breeding, and Biological Optimization processes.
- We offer a competitive compensation package that includes paid time off, medical benefits, Maternity/Parental leave top-up, STD/LTD, RRSP and Stock Option plans.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $90,000.00-$110,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Stock options
- Vision care
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends as needed
Ability to Commute:
- London, ON N6M 0C5 (preferred)
Work Location: In person