Full job description
Reporting to the General Manager, the Maintenance manager will be responsible for the general maintenance and upkeep of the property, implementing property and equipment preventive maintenance and repairs, monitoring life safety systems and utilities and administering the overall efficient operation of the department in compliance with all corporate/franchise standards and local, provincial and federal codes and regulations, working within the department budget and contributing to guest satisfaction.
This position is based in Whitehorse, YK and includes a competitive salary package and company benefits!
The responsibilities will include, but are not limited, to:
- Interview, hire, train, recommend performance evaluations, resolve problems, provide open communication and recommend discipline and/or termination when appropriate within own division.
- Troubleshoot and repair malfunctions in mechanical or electrical systems (e.g., HVAC, plumbing) and other equipment throughout the hotel.
- Perform preventative maintenance assignments on a scheduled basis.
- Respond in a courteous manner to all guest questions, complaints, and or requests to ensure strong guest satisfaction.
- Communicate with hotel department heads to become aware of maintenance needs and ensure timely response to internal requests on a daily basis to ensure the smooth running of the property.
- Maintain the building exterior and "curb appeal" with planning and implementation of activities (e.g., snow removal, lawn care, painting, and gardening).
- Maintain franchise standards and follow-up on inspection deficiencies.
- Coordinate compliance of service contracts.
- Implement and maintain a preventative maintenance program throughout the property to ensure standards are maintained for guest comfort and the safe and efficient running of all equipment, as required by company policy and in line with the maintenance budget.
- Communicate both verbally and in writing to provide clear direction to staff.
- Record meter readings and liaise with the General Manager regarding improved energy conservation.
- Be responsible for the testing of fire alarms, emergency lighting etc. on a routine basis as required by provincial and company standards.
- Liaise with the General Manager regarding use of contractors within the property, controlling expenditure and ensuring work is to the standard required.
- Ensure the cost effective and hygienic removal of garbage from the property.
- Be on call to carry out emergency maintenance work outside of normal working hours, as required.
- Maintain records of repair work, testing work and daily checks done.
- Identifying, implementing and completing planned capital expenditures projects such as energy efficiency upgrades, mechanical equipment upgrades/repairs as well as exterior and interior improvement projects.
- Liaise closely with Front Desk and Housekeeping regarding “down” rooms in order to maximize on profitability.
- Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
- Perform any other job-related duties as assigned.
Required competencies include:
- Self-starting personality with an even disposition.
- Maintain a professional appearance and manner at all times.
- Ability to effectively communicate with customers in a friendly and positive manner.
- Ability to move throughout the hotel to conduct site inspections.
- Be skilled in several areas such as HVAC, electrical, carpentry, drywalling, painting, plumbing, roofing, and landscaping, in order to identify and troubleshoot any hazards and security problems, as well as routine mechanical and electrical malfunctions in hotel systems and equipment.
Thank you for your interest in Holloway Lodging Corporation. Only those who are selected for an interview will be contacted. If you are selected for an interview, please let us know of any accommodations that may be required in the interview process.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: From $60,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Store discount
Work Location: In person