Front of House All-Rounder
Full job description
Are you an eager, personable and attentive person who is obsessed with making the world around you a better place? Then Prairie Dog Brewing is probably right for you!
As a brewpub that aims to strengthen the fabric of our community through disruptive, ethical and sustainable business practices, we are looking for professional-minded people like you, who are highly conscientious and continually striving to improve your own knowledge and abilities, and helping the people around you learn and grow at the same time. Your inclusive mindset and dedication to quality in your work, and your passion for our community and sustainability will allow you to work with us to provide friendly, efficient and personable service to our guests -- demonstrating that restaurants no longer have to operate by taking advantage of people, as many have done for well over a century.
Prairie Dog Brewing is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to provide opportunities, regardless of your age, ethnic background, religion, gender identity, veteran status or sexual orientation.
About the Job
As a member of our Front of House team, you will be focused on creating a memorable, positive experience to all guests. All Front of House staff participate in team service, and you will soon be capable of performing all service roles after two weeks of intensive boot-camp training, such as hosting, seating, and greeting guests before taking their orders, running food and drinks out to seats, bussing tables and the bar top, and coordinating takeout and delivery orders. With further training, you will also be able to take on bartending and food expediting shifts on a regular basis.
Wages start at $17/hr upon completion of your training, with a wage review following your 90-day probation, and semi-annual performance/wage reviews thereafter. If you join our team, you will enjoy several perks, like:
- A Staff Fund payment on every pay cheque after you complete your training boot camp, typically $4/hr and up!
- Health benefits and a flexible health spending account after your 90-day probation period! (full and part-time)
- Free beer!
- Deep discounts on everything beyond your regular disbursements
- Discounts at partnering businesses
- Scheduling that doesn’t suck -- no “clopens”, splits or overtime unless you want it!
Qualifications and Requirements
Sorry, those with a history of working in the restaurant industry need not apply unless you are truly willing to leave your past at the door and start with a fresh outlook. The restaurant industry is built on a foundation of sexism, misogyny, abuse, dishonesty, and inequality, which we adamantly oppose here at Prairie Dog Brewing. We are looking for fresh ideas and approaches!
If you feel like we’re speaking to you with the words above, you’ll probably be a good fit here, but you also need to satisfy these requirements before you can work on our Front of House team:
- You’re at least 18 years of age and legally eligible to work in Canada
- You have a valid Alberta ProServe certification, or are qualified and willing to obtain one on your own within 14 days of your start date
- You are fit, mobile and capable of moving around our dining room and outdoor patio for 5-8 hours per day, including carrying heavy trays of food and beverages - expect to get in your 10,000 steps per day!
- You have a reliable mode of transportation that covers the working hours agreed upon during your interview and job offer, particularly evenings and weekends -- our closing team members often leave after midnight and bus lines rarely operate during these hours
Expected start date: 2021-06-28
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Casual, Permanent
Salary: From $17.00 per hour
- Bonus pay
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Discounted or free food
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- On-site parking
- Store discount
- Vision care
- Wellness program
- Day shift
- Night shift
All staff are required to wear a mask while inside the building. All customers are required to wear a mask when not seated at their table - unless they can show doctor's note or exemption. All AHS and health restrictions and guidelines are followed.
- Are you legally allowed to work in Canada?
- Why do you want to join the Prairie Dog Brewing team?
- What is your work availability
- Pro Serve Certificate (preferred)