Full job description
Mission's Downtown Business Association is looking for an Executive Manager to lead the organization, on behalf of the Board of Directors in achieving the organization's vision and mission. This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of Mission's Downtown area and see it to its full potential.
Summary of the Role
The Executive Manager is responsible for executing the overall vision and mission of the Board of Directors as determined by annual strategic planning sessions and monthly Board meetings.
*Summary of Mission’s Downtown
Mission is a rich and vibrant small, but growing community. It is cultural and folksy and outdoors and active and the Downtown is the hub of commerce for the entire community. With a mix of banking, retail, restaurants, services and many other commercial opportunities, there is a lot going on in the downtown area! The ideal candidate for this position is someone who lives and breathes Mission BC - and specifically Downtown. And Downtown is not just 1st Ave and Railway. It is an economic area encompassing a large, diverse area and many diverse members.
- Administrative Management. Board meetings, financial management, creating reports, cheque runs, website and social media management are all key functions for this position.
- Aide the Board in maintaining their vision and creating a mission and goals that align with annual strategic objectives.
- Developing a list of priorities and establishing a work plan that is approved by the board.
- Executing this work plan productively and with all stakeholders in mind.
- Assist in Board Management and ensuring continuity and succession are front of mind through annual board transitions.
- Co-create, review and manage the annual operating budget.
- Work with the President to manage board meetings including creating and distributing agendas, consent agendas, and meeting minutes.
- Adherence to the DBA Code of Conduct is a must. And ensuring all Board members and members at large adhere to the same.
Contract length: 24 months
Part-time hours: 20 per week
Application deadline: 2020-12-04
Expected start date: 2021-01-04
Job Types: Part-time, Contract
Salary: $23.00-$27.00 per hour
- Monday to Friday
- Administrative: 2 years (Preferred)
- Mission, BC (Required)
- Remote interview process
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings