Full job description
At ASPIRE we are pioneers in the field of precision insect farming, optimizing the growth and harvesting of an underutilized natural resource in order to meet global demand for sustainable ingredients and materials.
Our vision is A WORLD TRANSFORMED BY INSECT TECHNOLOGY.
We are currently seeking a highly skilled Licensed Electrician who is responsible for the planning, installation, troubleshooting, repair and preventative maintenance of production and facility-related equipment, electrical wiring, fixtures, control devices.
We are looking for individuals who strive to make a difference with Aspire, utilizing the latest advanced technologies and innovative knowledge systems in the industry.
This role is located in London, Ontario, and reports to the Maintenance Supervisor.
This role will operate as per the department's regular structure of a 2-3-2, 2 weeks days, 2 weeks nights, 12 hour shift rotation.
How You Will Make Contributions That Drive Us Forward
This position will play a critical role with the set-up of incoming equipment and processes, to ensure a successful start-up. Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Training with vendors, including software training (PLC, HMI, VFD, etc.)
- Assist with set-up of the PM program, and creation of spare parts inventory system
- Build CMMS system, create WI's, SOP's, HWP, CS, OPL's, etc
- Set-up of workshop and maintenance working areas
Contributions will also include, but are not limited to:
- Promote a Health and Safety, Food Safety and GMP Culture.
- Drive a Lean Culture focus that promotes performance by analyzing data to reduce waste, inefficiencies while improving working conditions.
- Liaise with the Leadership team to provide best practices, analyze data, and report uptime/downtime impact.
- Diagnose, locate root causes, and repair breakdowns, malfunctions, apparatus and components, while initiating corrective actions to ensure production demands are met.
- Ensure work is in accordance with all relevant codes and specifications.
- Test electrical systems and continuity of circuits in electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures, using testing devices such as ohmmeters, voltmeters, and oscilloscopes, to ensure compatibility and safety of the system.
- Monitor the Aspire Maintenance program, provide recommendations, mentor, and advise on required changes.
- May be required to lead apprentices and direct them to ensure successful task completion.
What You Bring To The Table
- 3 to 5 years experience working as a Licensed Electrician 309A or 442A.
- Experience working with Allan Bradley PLCs, drives, RSview and Fanuc robotics is considered an asset.
- Continuous improvement mindset; willingness to be training in different levels of Lean Manufacturing.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a diverse team, in a fast-paced environment; collaboration skills, as well as the ability to influence others.
- Solid time management capabilities with the ability to effectively prioritize and execute deliverables.
GET EXCITED ABOUT ASPIRE
- Aspire has assembled the largest body of research on cricket biology and production in the world.
- We are pioneering the industry by customizing, synthesizing, and integrating cutting-edge technologies, including an Advanced Automation ASRS, IoT-Enabled Data Accumulation, Artificial Intelligence, and Selective Breeding and Biological Optimization processes.
- We offer a competitive compensation package that includes paid time off, medical benefits, STD/LTD, RRSP and Stock Option plans.
Aspire welcomes all applicants and is committed to a diverse workforce. If you require accommodation, please advise the Human Resources Department of any required accommodation needs.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $28.59-$39.00 per hour
- 12 hour shift
- Day shift
- Night shift
- Electrical experience: 3 years (preferred)
Ability to Commute:
- London, ON (required)
Work Location: In person