Cooks - Landmark Village
Full job description
Ask us about our $1000 Signing Bonus for Chefs with 1+ years of restaurant experience! If you are looking for a Chef role in an industry where you work with a team to creatively problem-solve a recipe to a Resident's dietary needs, don't need to work those late hours, and have an employer who respects your work-life balance, then apply here!!
Ask your hiring manager what benefits you can expect at S&R! Across S&R, our leaders have come up with creative benefits in their Homes such as:
- Full range of Health and Dental Benefits
- Paid Annual Float Days
- Flexibility in Shift Scheduling
- Team parties, lunches, outings, gift cards, and paid days off
- Financial Incentive Programs
- Corporate Education Assistance Program
- Annual Service Awards Banquet
- Quest for Success Awards Ceremony
- Confidential assistance with financial and emotional issues
- Prioritizing Promoting from Within
- And more!
- Certification in the Food Safety Awareness Course with recertification every 5 years.
- Cook Level 1 Certificate or higher (Red Seal Certified Cook or Institutional Cook)
- Previous Cooking Experience preferably in a health care/long-term care setting.
- Ability to work well with other members of the team.
- Good communication and professional interpersonal skills when dealing with internal and external concerns from residents/family/Substitute Decision Makers/team members.
- Able to read and write English
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare nutritious meal items for the residents in a safe, sanitary manner in accordance with Public Health Regulations, MOH guidelines, Canada’s Food Guide in compliance with Sanitation Code
- Responsible for ensuring a clean, safe working environment, maintaining this responsibility by safe work habits, using correct hand washing techniques and routine cleaning
- Prepare all diets and textures according to standardized recipes in a timely fashion.
- Practice safe usage of all equipment within the department and the ability to clean, sanitize and maintain the equipment as outlined in the cleaning schedules
- Take temperatures of food as required as per the Policy and Procedure Manual
- Ability to perform/instruct staff in decision-making process.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
Salary: From $17.00 per hour
- Company events
- Dental care
- Discounted or free food
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
- Signing bonus
S&R Nursing Homes Ltd. follows all LTC Infection Control Policies and standards as set forth by local Public Health Units. Appropriate PPE is provided to all staff.
- What types of food did you prepare in previous cooking jobs?
Work Location: In person