Who We Are
Viaggio Hospitality Group is one of British Columbia’s largest hospitality companies and is a leader in providing outstanding food and beverage experiences. We are a growing number of establishments, each with its own unique concept, Viaggio Hospitality Group’s mission is to provide a unified experience of exceptional service, quality, offerings and general hospitality.
There is something to offer for every type of guest; whether you’re looking for an upscale dining experience, a comfortable place to rest, a liquor store with impeccable selection, a beautiful course to swing some golf clubs, a lively night club or an exciting bar to catch the game, Viaggio Hospitality Group is yours to explore, enjoy and create lasting memories. Some notable establishments are the Downtown Moda Hotel, Ancora Waterfront Dining & Patio, Howe Sound Brewing, Viti Wine & Lager and Birchbank Golf Course.
Howe Sound Kitchen & Taphouse serves award-winning ales and lagers fresh from the brewery. Our menu is full of house-made favourites & our chefs focus on freshness & unique flavours cooking with our beer, seasonal produce & local seafood.
We are currently seeking an energetic, eager, and ambitious Chef to join our group of world-class chefs. The Chef will be responsible for leading, motivating and engaging the culinary team to deliver the highest standard. You will be working to ensure that the vision is expressed through menu offerings and level of service as well as assisting in the hiring, training and expectations of your kitchen team.
What You’ll Do
- Coordinate and supervise the work of kitchen staff.
- Participate in the hiring of kitchen staff and plans training of new employees or those assigned to a new position.
- Set the kitchen work schedule and plans replacements for leave requests.
- Ensure stock control and financial targets are met.
- Verify kitchen staff timesheets for payroll.
- Notify management of any issues relating to the guests’ experience.
- Ensure compliance with the dress code established by management and with hygiene and food safety standards.
- Explain culinary techniques and the use of equipment to the cooks.
- Teach cooks about decoration and food presentation.
- Plan and organize special events in collaboration with management.
- Ensure courteous and respectful service in a relaxed atmosphere.
- Maintain communication with guests and ensures their satisfaction.
- Oversee respect for health and safety rules at work.
- Plan the menus and conducts a quarterly evaluation.
- Ensure the optimal use of foodstuffs.
- Assess the needs of guests.
- Ensure food quality and conducts follow-ups (return of merchandise vs. credits).
- Evaluate and monitor purchase and production costs compared to approved budgets;
- Ensures meal preparation and cooking.
- Conduct monthly inventories and place supplier orders (food, supplies, kitchen equipment).
- Makes necessary arrangements for the maintenance of the kitchen equipment;
- Ensure receipt and examination of goods.
- Assume responsibility for proper operation and safe use of kitchen equipment and appliances.
- Performs other related tasks.
What You Have
- Diploma, Certificate or Degree in Culinary Arts, or equivalent preferred.
- 2+ years of experience in the same or a similar role.
- 5+ years of restaurant experience.
- Experience in the winemaking industry is an asset.
- Ability to maintain composure in a high-stress environment.
- Ability to provide good judgement.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Good communication skills, interpersonal flexibility, listening skills.
- Must be legally authorized to work in Canada to be considered.
Why You’ll Love Working with Us
- Competitive salary
- Paid vacation
- Competitive extended health and dental benefits plan
- Career development and opportunity for advancement
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $53,000.00-$57,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Paid time off
- Vision care
Work Location: In person