Bar Manager/ Floor Manager
Who We Are
Viaggio Hospitality Group is one of British Columbia’s largest hospitality companies and is a leader in providing outstanding food and beverage experiences. We are a growing number of establishments, each with its own unique concept, Viaggio Hospitality Group’s mission is to provide a unified experience of exceptional service, quality, offerings and general hospitality.
There is something to offer for every type of guest; whether you’re looking for an upscale dining experience, a comfortable place to rest, a liquor store with impeccable selection, a beautiful course to swing some golf clubs, a lively night club or an exciting bar to catch the game, Viaggio Hospitality Group is yours to explore, enjoy and create lasting memories. Some notable establishments are the Downtown Moda Hotel, Ancora Waterfront Dining & Patio, Howe Sound Brewing, Viti Wine & Lager and Birchbank Golf Course.
Ancora Waterfront Dining & Patio’s cuisine manifesto is hinged on sustainable seafood, while sourcing local and international ingredients, and draws inspiration from its Pacific Northwest surroundings. Understanding the city's dining evolution has inspired Ancora to create a menu that accommodates all of its diners' culinary desires, combining flavours and techniques which embrace several diverse cultures in a modern, yet approachable setting.
We are looking for a Bar Manager/ Floor Manager to work at our Ambleside location with the same passion for food and the hospitality industry as we have! The right candidate will have the opportunity to advance into other positions at Ancora or one of Viaggio’s other award-winning restaurants.
What You’ll Do
- Share your passion and knowledge for spirits and beer, coupled with knowledge of alcohol pairings and tastings.
- Demonstrate knowledge of classic and contemporary cocktails and creating menus.
- Ensure quality control of the beverage program.
- Maintain a clean and efficient work environment.
- Managing inventory and bar stocking.
- Using Optimum Control to maintain control of inventory.
- Continuously strive for superior guest satisfaction.
What You Have
- 2+ years of previous work experience in a similar setting.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a team player attitude.
- Must be the age of majority to serve alcoholic beverages with a valid Serving it Right certificate.
- Willingness to learn new concepts and ideas.
- Efficiency, strong attention to detail, and knowledge of cocktails.
- Open availability, including during business hours, evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Must be legally authorized to work in Canada to be considered.
Why You’ll Love Working with Us
- Full-time, permanent position
- Discount on food
- Career development and opportunity for advancement
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $40,000.00-$52,000.00 per year
- Discounted or free food
Flexible Language Requirement:
- French not required
Supplemental pay types:
Work Location: In person