Assistant Director of Operations (Hospitality)
Who We Are
Viaggio Hospitality Group is one of British Columbia’s largest hospitality companies and is a leader in providing outstanding food and beverage experiences. We are a growing number of establishments, each with its own unique concept, Viaggio Hospitality Group’s mission is to provide a unified experience of exceptional service, quality, offerings and general hospitality.
There is something to offer for every type of guest; whether you’re looking for an upscale dining experience, a comfortable place to rest, a liquor store with impeccable selection, a beautiful course to swing some golf clubs, a lively night club or an exciting bar to catch the game, Viaggio Hospitality Group is yours to explore, enjoy and create lasting memories. Some notable establishments are the Downtown Moda Hotel, Ancora Waterfront Dining & Patio, Howe Sound Brewing, Viti Wine & Lager and Birchbank Golf Course.
The Viaggio Hospitality Group has amazing opportunities for talented individuals to help lead the front-of-house teams at several of our locations. The Assistant Director of Operations is responsible for working closely with the Management team to ensure efficient operations at our locations.
What You’ll Do
This position provides a wide range of support including
- Implement and oversee process changes, support company strategy, and ensure all business units have products and equipment to execute a consistent high level of service
- Particular focus on staff development and the guest experience
- Help solve problems and strive for continuous improvement
- Collaborate with team members to ensure needs are being met and cohesiveness between the BOH and the FOH.
Supervisory and Support
- Provides direct leadership and coaching for all staff directly and the ability to motivate others
- A well-defined sense of diplomacy, including solid negotiation, conflict resolution, and people management skills with a strong focus on operations and business processes.
- Sets and demonstrates a strong business ethic for dealing with employees, guests, suppliers and other partners
- Upholds and abides by all company policies, procedures, and systems.
- Regularly communicate with Management to update staff development opportunities.
- Lead with respect, provide constructive feedback and motivate
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
Quality Control & Improvement
- Keeps abreast of upcoming trends in the Food & Beverage industry.
- Ensures that staff is following proper hygiene, cleaning, and food handling practices to protect guest and staff safety.
- Monitors individual restaurant performance against goals to ensure that progress is being made and that corrective action is taken if necessary
- Ensures repair and maintenance tasks are completed quickly and efficiently.
- Examine inventory, sales, and daily reports to determine the operational activities and optimum performance.
- Anticipate staffing needs with potential for growth in mind.
- Implements cost-cutting measures to ensure restaurant profitability.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $65,000.00-$85,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Discounted or free food
- Extended health care
- Paid time off
Work Location: In person