Administrative and Communications Assistant
Full job description
Facilitated Improvement for Corporate Success (FICS) seeks an Administrative and Communications Assistant. FICS provides consulting services such as facilitation, leadership development, accreditation, and management services. FICS’ clients include not-for-profit and charitable organizations such as the Canadian Physicians for Aid and Relief (CPAR) and the Canadian Massage Therapy Council for Accreditation.
Reporting to the Executive Assistant and the Manager of Philanthropy and Programs, the Administrative and Communications Assistant is responsible for day-to-day administrative and communications support, particularly for our client, Canadian Physicians for Aid and Relief (CPAR). CPAR is Canadian charity that manages international development programs in Ethiopia, Malawi, and Tanzania. A key part of this role will be communicating with CPAR’s donors by phone and email, working with our online Donor Management System, and annual tax receipting. This role will also support content development and performance analysis for the CPAR website and social media, as well as digital and print fundraising campaigns.
The ideal candidate will be a friendly, professional, and organized self-starter who understands the importance of caring for clients, meeting deadlines, and delivering high quality work. They should have strong interpersonal and written communication skills, and experience in digital communications and in working with databases or donor-based management systems.
This employment opportunity is open to part-time or full-time applicants, with a salary range of $45,000-50,000 CAD, or between $20-25 CAD per hour for part-time work, (dependent on expertise and experience).
We value the diversity of the people we hire and serve. Diversity to us means fostering a workplace in which individual differences are recognized, appreciated, and respected in ways that fully develop and use each person’s unique strengths.
- Client reception, answering and directing general telephone and email inquiries
- Assisting with preparation of correspondence, meeting materials, and presentations
- Office and online (SharePoint) file system organization
- Office management including arranging for services (for example translation, office supplies, catering, or IT services)
- Maintaining donor records using a Donor Management System (DMS)
- Supporting the transition to a new DMS (from Keela to CanadaHelps)
- Processing donations and correspondence received by mail
- Annual donations tax receipting
- Assisting in fundraising campaigns and newsletter development (digital and print)
- Assisting in website management and content development highlighting CPAR program impacts and activities
- Developing social media content (captions, images, videos and/or reels) and responding to social media messaging
- Monitoring and reporting on website and social media engagement data
- Previous experience or training as an administrative assistant, office manager, receptionist, or clerk
- Strong interpersonal and customer relationship skills
- Excellent written and oral communication, including attention to detail
- Internet and technology savvy including a high level of proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (particularly Microsoft Teams, Word, and PowerPoint,) and Adobe Acrobat Pro
- Website Design and management experience including Google Analytics (Wix experience an asset).
- Experience in business use of social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter/X, LinkedIn, YouTube, Tik Tok, and Threads).
- The ability to be a self-motivated team player who believes in proactive and transparent communication and frequent collaboration with peers
- English/French bilingualism would be an asset.
This role requires in-person work in our Ottawa office, with the flexibility to work remotely some of the time. The FICS team includes both in-person and remotely located team members. Facilitated Improvement for Corporate Success, Inc. (FICS) believes in true work-life balance and provides an unlimited vacation policy to full-time employees. A shared-cost health benefits plan is also available.
For consideration, please submit your resume and cover letter by October 15, 2023. Please indicate in your cover letter whether you are interested in part-time or full-time employment.
Interviews will be conducted on an ongoing basis, and this posting will close once the position is filled. We thank all candidates for their interest and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Permanent, Part-time, Full-time
Part-time hours: 20-40 per week
Salary: $45,000.00-$50,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Monday to Friday
Employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Ottawa, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Are you proficient with Microsoft Office, especially Word and PowerPoint?
- English and French (preferred)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Ottawa, ON
Application deadline: 2023-10-15
Expected start date: 2023-10-30