Full job description
NGX: Who we are
International institutions want to reach contemporary audiences in unforgettable and thought-provoking ways. We help them to make that happen.
We create narrative experiences for story-telling environments like museums, galleries, science centers, themed attractions, expositions, and travelling exhibits. We work at a dynamic intersection of subjects, technologies, audiences, stakeholders, partners and spaces.
In 2021 we’ve worked with 72 culturally focused clients in 8 countries. Our outputs are diverse - interactive conversations with avatars of holocaust survivors; a multiplayer game about the health of the oceans; immersive linear animation and collaborative play to tell Canada’s story at Expo 2020. More than 10 million visitors will interact with our work this year.
We are a group of thinkers, tinkerers, designers, artists, gamers, developers and storytellers who bridge disciplines to build experiences from scratch. We are flexible, curious, and fascinated by the design and story-telling challenges of our time.
Working closely with the animation lead, the 3-D generalist will work on a range of tasks throughout the 3D production pipeline. This is a 6-month contract position.
What we need: Big Picture
You are fluent and creative. You combine mastery of the mechanics of 3D production with a creative energy that gives life to your work. You are comfortable throughout the 3D pipeline and can model, texture, sculpt, and work with lighting. You have basic fluency with motion graphics, compositing, and animation. You are happy for your focus to shift in response to project demands.
You are comfortable working independently. You ask the questions you need to ensure you understand the task, and then execute. You solve problems and work through challenge and ambiguity. You also recognize when it’s time to ask for guidance, clarification or support.
Communicate and collaborate
You understand guiding objectives and creative concepts. Working from concept art, you are willing to take ideas further, and to respond flexibly through an iterative production process. You communicate clearly, engage productively in group discussion, and bring ideas to life with a pencil in your hand.
Contribute to our team
You are joining a growing team of creative professionals, committed to a healthy working environment. We tell cultural stories that matter and expect people to help make NGX a place where collaboration, respect, and playfulness are at the core of our work. You will contribute positively to a joyful workplace culture.
- Modeling, texturing and lighting of non-organic models in 3D for multiple linear media projects under the direction of the animation lead.
- Rendering and compositing using Adobe After Effects.
- Basic asset and camera animation
- Develop and refine animation in collaboration with other stakeholders including a producer, project manager, content lead, and an animation lead.
- Deliver on time.
- Contribute positively to the NGX workplace.
Pre-requisite experiences and skills
- A portfolio that reflects your skills and range.
- Demonstrated experience through all phases of the 3D production pipeline.
- Self-starter, able to solve problems and find solutions independent of supervisor input.
- Experience working in a creative setting, with proven ability to participate in design discussions.
- Proven ability to manage multiple workflows with grace and poise.
- Fluency with Maya and Adobe Suite. Cinema 4D or Houdini are a bonus.
- Strong verbal and visual communication skills.
- Team player who can thrive in a collaborative and dynamic creative environment.
- Ready to start as soon as possible.
How to Apply:
Send a Cover Letter, Résumé, and a link to your portfolio. Please include the job name in the subject line.
In your cover letter, please describe how your experience makes you a good fit for the role, and for our company. Candidates who do not submit a cover letter will not be considered.
Thank you for your interest. Please note that we can’t respond to all applicants. No phone calls please.
Contract length: 6 months
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
- 8 hour shift
Due to COVID-19, NGX staff is working remotely with limited amount of people in the office.