Social Media Manager duties and responsibilities
There are several important duties and responsibilities of the Social Media Manager in any industry. These are some of the most common tasks a Social Media Manager should be able to complete daily:
- Develop a marketing strategy for social media
- Develop content to increase community engagement online
- Create a brand persona through the brand’s online channels
- Utilize the social channels most relevant to the brand on a daily basis
- Respond to customer queries through social networks
- Create successful social media ad campaigns that will generate sales/leads
- Work with relevant influencers or complementary brands to grow the company’s social following organically
- Work together with the marketing department and graphic designers to create compelling content for publication or campaigns
Social Media Manager skills and qualifications
A good Social Media Manager candidate will have some of the following skills:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Advanced knowledge of social channels relevant to the company’s success
- Excellent interviewing skills
- Ability to work on tight deadlines
- Strong analytical skills
- Advanced knowledge of social media advertising platforms
Social Media Manager experience requirements
A Social Media Manager should have some experience as a writer, public relations assistant, or even as a social media content creator. Social Media Coordinators may have less practical experience. A Social Media Manager should have more experience for this management role.
Social Media education and training requirements
A good candidate for a Social Media Manager role will have a university degree in Journalism, Communications, Public Relations, Marketing or a related discipline.
Social Media Manager salary expectations
According to Indeed Salaries, the average hourly rate for a Social Media Manager is $17.94. The salary varies based on important factors like location, qualifications, experience and type of industry.
Job description samples for similar positions
If this job description doesn’t fit the role you are looking to hire, consider browsing through some of the job descriptions for similar positions below.