Radiologic Technologist job summary
A great job description starts with a compelling summary of the position and its role within your company. Your summary should provide an overview of your company and expectations for the position. Outline the types of activities and responsibilities required for the job so job seekers can determine if they are qualified, or if the job is a good fit.
Example of a Radiologic Technologist job summary
Our healthcare practice is seeking a Radiologic Technologist who can perform and analyze patient X-rays and report results to our physician team. The Radiologic Technologist will be responsible for coordinating outpatient appointments, making patients who come in for procedures feel comfortable, and conducting patient X-rays. If you have a background in healthcare and a current CAMRT certification, we encourage you to submit an application for this position.
Radiologic Technologist responsibilities and duties
The responsibilities and duties section is the most important part of the job description. Here you should outline the functions this position will perform on a regular basis, how the job functions within the organization and who the job reports to.
- Utilize all radiographic equipment to perform X-rays, including (but not limited to) surgical and portable equipment
- Assist with taking patient phone calls to answer technical questions, schedule appointments and offer pre-procedure advice
- Develop a daily priority list that allows all scheduled procedures to be completed and makes time for emergencies as well
- Monitor all radiographic supplies and submit purchasing requests to maintain proper supply levels
- Analyze and report X-ray results to our physician team
Radiologic Technologist qualifications and skills
Next, outline the required and preferred skills for your position. This may include education, previous job experience, certifications and technical skills. You may also include soft skills and personality traits that you envision for a successful hire. While it may be tempting to include a long list of skills and requirements, including too many could dissuade qualified candidates from applying. Keep your list of qualifications concise, but provide enough detail with relevant keywords and terms.
- Associate Degree in Radiology required (Bachelor’s degree preferred)
- Must possess valid CAMRT certification
- Valid and current Radiologic Technologist license
- 2+ years’ experience in a clinical care setting
- Must be able to lift or move 50 pounds without assistance