Quality Control Inspector duties and responsibilities
Quality Control Inspectors must complete multiple tasks while on the job. Generally, the primary duties and responsibilities they must excel at include:
- Monitoring manufacturing operations and ensuring they run smoothly
- Testing a set percentage of products per established standards for the company and the industry
- Conducting tests at different stages of production, from the gathering of raw materials to the final product
- Reporting any defects or problems with products to senior staff
- Training new Quality Control Inspector team members
- Updating testing protocols and standards to increase safety and efficiency
Quality Control Inspector skills and qualifications
Some of the most important prerequisite skills and qualifications a Quality Control Inspector must possess to do well at their job include:
- Attention to detail
- Written and oral communication skills
- Computer and technical skills
- Organizational skills
- Analytical and reporting skills
Quality Control Inspector experience requirements
The level of experience a Quality Control Inspector candidate needs can vary based on responsibilities required for the role. A solid candidate generally holds at least two years of experience in a relevant role or industry to ensure they’ve gained the organizational and technical skills needed to perform effectively in the role.
Quality Control Inspector education and training requirements
The entry-level education requirement for a Quality Control Inspector is typically a high school diploma, but could also be a bachelor’s degree, depending on the complexities of the tasks performed in the role. Candidates who hold degrees may earn them with a focus on quality control or relevant fields like manufacturing and technical communications. It may be beneficial to hire candidates with a degree in the industry of the role they’re applying for. For example, if you’re hiring for a Quality Control Inspector at an aerospace company, focus on candidates with a degree in aeronautics.
Quality Control Inspector salary expectations
According to Indeed Salaries, average pay for a Quality Control Inspector is $19.69 per hour. Keep in mind, however, this can vary based on the location, the company, and the experience of the inspector.
Job description samples for similar positions
If this job description doesn’t quite fit the position you’re looking for, consider some related positions, including: