Marketing Coordinator duties and responsibilities
A Marketing Coordinator should be responsible for developing a strategy that will work best for the company. They should be able to:
- Research and analyze customer data like needs, satisfaction, etc.
- Create effective marketing plans and strategic options for advertising
- Develop and maintain good relationships with relevant media contacts
- Prepare reports, presentations, briefs and press materials
- Track and analyze sales report data
- Present ideas to help promote the brand or campaign in new ways
- Work well in collaboration with sales and advertising teams
- Coordinate press events and appearances
Marketing Coordinator skills and qualifications
A Marketing Coordinator should have a degree or diploma in marketing, journalism, communications, business, public relations or in a field relative to the company. They should also have experience in the field:
- Experience in marketing or business marketing
- A wide range of media contacts
- The ability to reach out to new contacts and maintain positive relationships with them
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Familiarity with digital marketing tools
- In-depth knowledge of social media platforms
- A motivated and outgoing personality
Marketing Coordinator experience requirements
A Marketing Coordinator should have experience in the field, even as an intern. Real-life experience is the best way to develop the skills needed to be successful. It is also a starting point for individuals to build up their contact base. Many applicants may be entry-level applicants, so internship experience is valuable.
Marketing Coordinator education and training requirements
The completion of a degree or diploma in journalism, marketing, business marketing, communications, or public relations is a requirement in most companies across Canada. There are no specific certifications to hold unless the position is specific to a certain industry. In that case, a certificate of completion in that field would also be an asset. A Public Relations Practitioner role would also require a candidate to have an APR , or Accredited in Public Relations, designation.
Marketing Coordinator salary expectations
According to Indeed Salaries, the average annual salary for a Marketing Coordinator if just over $45,000. The salary will vary based on experience, location and the size of the company hiring.
Job description samples for similar positions
Is this job description sample not exactly what you are looking for? Browse similar job descriptions below for ideas on how to attract the right prospective employees to your company.