Management Assistant job summary
A great job description starts with a compelling summary of the position and its role within your company. Your summary should provide an overview of your company and expectations for the position. Outline the types of activities and responsibilities required for the job so job seekers can determine if they are qualified, or if the job is a good fit.
Example of a Management Assistant job summary
Our production plant is looking for a management assistant to round out our management team. The successful candidate will assist the plant manager in everyday operations, especially in facilitating communication with Spanish-speaking employees. It’s essential to have excellent computer, communications and organizational skills. You must have a driver’s licence in good standing, and any experience in production or manufacturing is a bonus. That goes for a background in payroll and human resources as well. Tasks you’ll help the manager with include purchase ordering, product selection and human resource managing such as setting employee schedules and assigning tasks to team members. We also offer a management development program, so we’re looking for people who aspire to become managers one day.
Management Assistant responsibilities and duties
The responsibilities and duties section is the most important part of the job description. Here you should outline the functions this position will perform on a regular basis, how the job functions within the organization and who the job reports to.
- Act as an interpreter of sorts between English and Spanish speakers; translate written and email communications from English into Spanish
- Help in a large degree with management of Spanish-speaking employees, answering their questions and giving them assignments
- Perform basic human resources tasks such as employee shift scheduling and overseeing new-employee onboarding and training
- Ensure smooth operations on production line, addressing any quality control issues promptly
- Process paychecks, ensuring their timely delivery to employees; manage their tax information
- Cultivate and maintain an environment that promotes respect of diverse backgrounds
Management Assistant qualifications and skills
Next, outline the required and preferred skills for your position. This may include education, previous job experience, certifications and technical skills. You may also include soft skills and personality traits that you envision for a successful hire. While it may be tempting to include a long list of skills and requirements, including too many could dissuade qualified candidates from applying. Keep your list of qualifications concise, but provide enough detail with relevant keywords and terms.
- Strong written and verbal English and Spanish skills; additional knowledge of Russian a huge bonus
- Ability to act as a go-between for English and Spanish speakers while conveying all essential information
- Minimum of high school diploma or equivalent
- Preferred minimum of one year MS Office experience and payroll processing experience
- Valid driver’s licence and good driving history
- Eye toward the big picture while staying on top of daily operations