How to Hire a Web Developer
Hire a web developer
Does your growing business need a web developer? A web developer keen on current technologies and innovative methods can serve as a valuable component to your business. With the ability to problem-solve and identify areas for improvement, a skilled web developer can create user-friendly web applications and functions that serve as a driving force behind continued brand credibility, exceptional user experiences, and increased company revenue.
Here are some tips to help you find great web developer candidates and make the right hire for your business.
Find a web developer on Indeed
job seekers clicked on web developer jobs
resumes from job seekers with web developer experience on Indeed
web developer jobs received clicks
- Common salary in Canada: $58,558 CAD per year
- Typical salaries range from $20,300 – $112,100 CAD per year
- Find more information on Indeed Salary
*Indeed data (CA) – Jan 2020
Why hire a web developer?
Hiring an accomplished web developer can positively impact your existing team and bottom line. A web developer can effortlessly maintain and update your current online applications, work with a content management system, perform testing to ensure positive user experiences, and appropriately prioritize and complete a range of tasks while adhering to strict deadlines and best practices.
Contributions of a great web developer:
- Create web applications throughout the entire software development lifecycle
- Develop testing procedures to ensure easy navigation, fast website load times, and overall pleasant user experiences
- Collaborate with team members and clients to understand and adhere to project requirements and timelines
- Ensure web applications follow company and client guidelines
Skills to look for in a great web developer
Find a talented web developer who stays current with development technologies and trends to create quality applications that increase audience engagement. A great web developer candidate will have the following attributes and work experience that reflect top web development skills.
Web developer qualifications:
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in computer science or related discipline
- Website performance optimization
- Communication and collaboration skills
- Attention to detail
- Adaptable and open-minded
Writing a web developer job description
A thoughtful job description is important to finding qualified web developer candidates who are right for your business. A web developer job description includes a compelling summary of the role, detailed list of duties and responsibilities, and the required and preferred skills for the position.
Keywords to include in your web developer job description:
- Web developer
Interviewing web developer candidates
Concentrate on hiring a web developer who can adapt to changing requirements and manage time effectively while staying committed to producing enjoyable, user-friendly web applications that strengthen brand identity and loyalty. Strong candidates for web developer positions will be confident when answering a variety of questions related to web development responsibilities.
Topics for web developer interview questions:
- Web development processes
- Software development lifecycle implementation
- Programming languages and frameworks
- Proven methods to ensure quality user experiences
- Balancing client requirements
- Collaboration style
- Continuing education goals
See our list of interview questions for more examples.
Explore How to Hire by Title
- Aeronautical Engineer
- Assistant Teacher
- Biomedical Engineer
- Client Representative
- Clinical Psychologist
- Content Writer
- Dental Assistant
- Electronics Engineer
- Financial Advisor
- Graphic Designer
- Hair Stylist
- Ice Cream Maker
- Independent Contractor
- Insurance Broker
- Interior Designer
- Security Guard
- Truck Driver
- Web Developer
- WordPress Developer
*Indeed provides this information as a courtesy to users of this site. Please note that we are not your career or legal advisor, and none of the information provided herein guarantees a job offer.