How to Hire a Mover
Hire a mover
Does your growing business need moving services? Aside from being capable of heavy lifting, an ideal mover will have excellent customer service, good verbal and written communication skills, and be a team player. A diligent yet friendly mover will help relieve a significant portion of stress associated with moving.
Here are some tips to help you find great mover candidates and make the right hire for your business.
Find a mover on Indeed
job seekers clicked on mover jobs
resumes from job seekers with mover experience on Indeed
mover jobs received clicks
- Common salary in Canada: $38,869 CAD per year
- Typical salaries range from $20,300 – $59,200 CAD per year
- Find more information on Indeed Salary
*Indeed data (CA) – Jan 2020
Why hire a mover?
Hiring a mover may be a necessary and beneficial addition to help your company’s growth. Whether you are in the mover business or your company is going through a move itself, a good mover can alleviate the stress and labour of any transition by keeping inventory of, physically moving, and communicating clearly about items in a move. Time away from the logistics and heavy lifting will give you and your customers time to focus on other aspects during a move.
Contributions of a great mover:
- Demonstrate a professional work attitude and greet clients upon arrival
- Track and carefully move, pack, and unpack items safely
- Comfortable and capable of effectively interfacing with clients
- Assist drivers with truck inspections and moving equipment inventory
- Stamina to lift heavy items repeatedly while walking, using stairs, etc.
Skills to look for in a great mover
Successful movers provide invaluable customer experience and convenience. By working efficiently, respectfully, and responsibly to keep track of, safely move, and effectively communicate with clients about their items, a skilled mover is able to conserve resources that might be used elsewhere.
- Ability to lift 75 lbs or more repeatedly
- Ability to communicate in English and/or French with clients and teammates face-to-face
- Attention to detail and time management skills
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Reliable transportation and schedule flexibility
Writing a mover job description
A thoughtful description is important in finding qualified mover candidates. A mover job description should include a compelling summary of the role, a detailed list of duties and responsibilities, and the required and preferred skills for the position.
Keywords to include in your mover job description:
- Relocation services
Interviewing mover candidates
Make the right mover hiring decision by thoroughly vetting candidates and asking targeted interview questions that will reveal their knowledge, skills, and important personality traits.
Topics for mover interview questions:
- Ability to lift and move heavy objects repeatedly
- Customer interaction
- Maintaining documentation, such as client inventory
See our list of interview questions for more examples.
Explore How to Hire by Title
- Aeronautical Engineer
- Assistant Teacher
- Biomedical Engineer
- Client Representative
- Clinical Psychologist
- Content Writer
- Dental Assistant
- Electronics Engineer
- Financial Advisor
- Graphic Designer
- Hair Stylist
- Ice Cream Maker
- Independent Contractor
- Insurance Broker
- Interior Designer
- Security Guard
- Truck Driver
- Web Developer
- WordPress Developer
*Indeed provides this information as a courtesy to users of this site. Please note that we are not your career or legal advisor, and none of the information provided herein guarantees a job offer.