How to Hire a Manager
Hire a Manager
Does your growing business need a Manager? A Manager is responsible for managing the team of employees to ensuring efficient business operations for the company. Here are some tips to help you find great Manager candidates and make the right hire for your company.
Find a manager on Indeed
job seekers clicked on manager jobs
resumes from job seekers with manager experience on Indeed
manager jobs received clicks
- Common salary in Canada: $57,238 CAD a year
- Typical salaries range from $20,000 – $153,000 CAD a year
- Find more information on Indeed Salary
*Indeed data (CA) – Jan 2020
Why hire a manager?
An efficient Manager helps in setting strategic goals for the future and creates implementation road maps thus helping the company achieve its revenue and profits goals.
Contributions of a great manager:
- Manage vendor invoices and actively seek ways to control costs
- Plan, hire and train an engaged sales team
- Collaborate with the marketing team to create impressive and motivating sales promotion techniques
Skills to look for in a great manager
Managers are an essential part of a company. It is vital to note which qualifications and skillset are vital for hiring a suitable Manager.
- Bachelor’s in Business Administration or related field
- Work experience of more than 3 years
- Strong understanding of point-of-sale software
- Proven experience of over 2 years in formulating and delivering effective sales training programs
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and leadership skills
- Strong negotiation and persuasion skills
Writing a manager job description
A Manager Job description should have exact job duties with a brief role summary and expected skill set for the profile.
Keywords to include in your manager job description:
- Business Manager
- General Manager
- Operations Manager
Interviewing manager candidates
To hire a suitable Manager, take the time to vet candidates and asking detailed interview questions to understand their knowledge and skills.
Topics for manager interview questions:
- Proficiency in managing sales teams to work toward the achievement of laid-down objectives
- Past experience in managing vendor relations and employing cost control techniques
- How they’ve contributed to the sales and profit goals of the company by actively working towards new customer acquisition and increasing sales volume from existing customers.
*Indeed provides this information as a courtesy to users of this site. Please note that we are not your career or legal advisor, and none of the information provided herein guarantees a job offer.