ZWILLING J.A. Henckels Canada Ltd.

ZWILLING J.A. Henckels Canada Ltd. Employee Reviews

Canada15 reviews
Great career work experience. Learned much about the industry during my time and the retail market. Retail business has taken a turn in the last years due to the E-Commerce markets and Zwilling was going directly after that market. All positive moving forward with my new career choices.
Dress code:Business casual +all black.This store has sales targets every single day,no bonus when you make it.Poor management in this location. The manager is very emotional and not knowledgeable at all.Staff didn’t get enough training.Head office have some principles while store managers have their own ones.Employees feel lost and really hard to follow along.
Our Keyholders in this location had a very hard time with setting up displays,no enough support from our management team.When we asked for directions the manager would get angry.

This store NEVER post the schedule on time.Sometimes on a Saturday we didn’t even have the schedule for Sunday and rest of the week.We can’t plan our life,we aren’t even able to make an appointment with a doctor.

Not worth working there.
Pros
Good brand, customers are nice
Cons
Poor management, limited support form head office
• Greeting customers, responding to questions, improving engagement with merchandise and providing outstanding customer service.
• Operating cash registers, and performing returns and exchanges

• Achieving established goals

• Having superior product knowledge

• Cross-selling products to increase purchase amounts
The manager always push to people to sell products. Sometimes they give the number you have to sell for the day.
All the coworkers are good and they are very close each other but manager is different person. Always push people to make sales.
The management in the location I worked at was just complete garbage. During my group interview with my friend, the manager kept making snarky comments. Initially we laughed thinking he was just making jokes. He said he puts time and energy into his team and expects them to stay long term. which is what i was looking for in the job, as lasting position. Once i started working there, I was getting 14 hours a week. Mostly 3-5h shifts. Which was very frustrating since it took me 4 hours to get to work using transit, and if i were to uber it was the cost of my 3h shift. Often times, when it was time for me to go home, my shift would be scheduled at such an odd time that I'd have to wait 2-3 for the next bus. I brought this to the managements attention and all the shifts I mentioned were cut. They weren't given to anyone else either. So it wasn't even like they needed someone to cover them and they just happen to be s****y shifts. They purposefully gave me those shifts. The location of the store was in a predominantly asian neighbourhood so all the employees there were asian with the exception of the manager himself and two other girls who had been there since the store opened. I was for the most part keeping up with the sales of other who had been working there before me. At the end of the night we had to sweet and mop the store. My friend and I were the only people who even did that properly and yet 2 months into the job we were both fired and more asian people were hired in our place. This place was down right discriminatory. All they care about is money and do not value their - more...
The management was awesome and very accommodating! They're lovely people and the store is beautiful. Great place to work if you wanna learn about luxury cookware.
daily work checking on the price , detail oriented and match the code of the hundred items,
perform very fast paced duties, Good environment and support team , enjoyable job even though the workplace sometimes dusty but I need develop my carrier more on the administration job
Cons
alergy on dusty
flexible schedule. Co-workers are very nice and the workplace is comfortable but the headoffice is pretty messy. Manager is very emotional.

It is the best work position for student.
Pros
flexible
Cons
always cut hours, messy management and long hour standing
Love working for this company. Our Manager pushes you to excel and gets you out of your comfort zone so you are more confident on the sales floor. Our manager has each one of our backs and does everything she can to make us happy. That’s why our team does anything for her. Our team works great together and helps out anywhere they can. You learn how to communicate in ways you didn’t think you can. A great team is always having a great leader such as our Manager.
Pros
Best manager, family like team, work at your own pace, lots of motivation
Cons
Open on stat holidays, sometimes pressured by upper management
You have the opportunity to work in various departments and one can rise up through the ranks if determined. Very clear job description and procedure manuals.
A really great job. One of the best retail companies I have worked for with a great starting wage. If you enjoy cooking you'll learn a lot about great quality equupment.
Pros
Great hourly wage, fun atmosphere.
Cons
Just the usual mall hours
Good management and job classification. Enjoy the working environment with all the colleagues. Learned a lot of shipping, receiving, picking and packing.
Henckels is a fun management group to work with. They have an excellent international product line. Co workers work well together and are fun to work with. There is room for advancement and a chance to learn for those who want more in their careers.
Pros
Great company
Cons
Really enjoyed my time with Coca-Cola. They had an enjoyable job culture and the product speaks for itself. Would definitely recommend working for Coke.
i enjoyed meeting new people and and improving my skills, everyone was very friendly and outgoing i enjoyed my time there!