Zurich North America

Zurich North America Management reviews

Clear

Very good company

A large company with a lot of moving parts daily. I found the training culture to be very lacking and strong management lacked in certain departments.

Pire entreprise

La pyramide de m staycity de l’entreprise est à l’envers: plus de manager que des staffs à être gérer! Un employé peux recevoir l’ordre de plaisir en même temps!

The 80/20 Rule

Job Work/Life Balance - 20% of the employees do 80% of the work. If you are one of the 20%, you are rarely thanked let alone rewarded. 60+ hour weeks are not uncommon. Salary / Benefits - old pension is gone which was a huge motivator for employees to endure this place. Salary is below market average. Regardless, you will earn every penny. Job Security/Advancement -company is notorious for restructure and lay-offs almost annually. They prefer appointing external management over promoting from within. Management - some good, some bad. The good ones are at the mercy of an erratic and ever-changing corporate strategy. Job Culture - majority of staff is miserable and over-worked. There are fundraising and pizza-day events every once in a while. Morale has been so low for so long that it's somewhat trite, but the gesture is nice nonetheless.

Good solid company to work for.

Good and progressive company to work for. The management is very transparent with their staff and always looks to promote from within the company. The staff are very caring and friendly.

Fantastic Team Members

Very busy with trusted local management. Team members are very creative and we preformed as a tight unit. Local Management trusted team members with work hours.

Pros

Cons

Always learning something new....

Designing, developing and delivering engaging training solutions at Zurich was always interesting and challenging. Lots of opportunity to use and grow my skill set. Excellent management and excellent opportunities came every day.

A great place to work!

I was welcomed as a part of the team from day one, and the supportive environment amongst my co-workers has not changed. The management is excellent and does not micro-manage. Finally, I am given a chance to make decisions and supported when I am right and effectively coached on how to make better decisions if I should happen to make an error. I would recommend working for Zurich as I am happy to be here!

Productive and Fun Work Place

Productive and Fun Work Place I have learnt many new things and still learning. Management is very good here including co-workers

productive and rewarding job

positive and productive, underwriting of new business, processing endorsements and renewals, team effort management is engaging and supportive, there wasn't a negative side to the job, i learned a lot about insurance and the market i loved this job.

Great overall

Enjoyed doing my work, had accomplished a lot of exprerience, management and co-workers were excellent, friendly and fun loving.

Pros

subsidised

Cons

yes when i had dead lines

Jobs at Zurich North America