Zurich North America

Zurich North America Culture reviews

Clear

Very good company

A large company with a lot of moving parts daily. I found the training culture to be very lacking and strong management lacked in certain departments.

Very professional company. Good Benefits and work/life balance.

Worked for 5 years. Good team and very helpful to each other. Learned many applications ... both home grown and public. Learned new hardware and software as well as meeting/attendance.

Pros

Friendly, team atmosphere

Cons

Dealing with differing personalities

The 80/20 Rule

Job Work/Life Balance - 20% of the employees do 80% of the work. If you are one of the 20%, you are rarely thanked let alone rewarded. 60+ hour weeks are not uncommon. Salary / Benefits - old pension is gone which was a huge motivator for employees to endure this place. Salary is below market average. Regardless, you will earn every penny. Job Security/Advancement -company is notorious for restructure and lay-offs almost annually. They prefer appointing external management over promoting from within. Management - some good, some bad. The good ones are at the mercy of an erratic and ever-changing corporate strategy. Job Culture - majority of staff is miserable and over-worked. There are fundraising and pizza-day events every once in a while. Morale has been so low for so long that it's somewhat trite, but the gesture is nice nonetheless.

Good solid company to work for.

Good and progressive company to work for. The management is very transparent with their staff and always looks to promote from within the company. The staff are very caring and friendly.

Fantastic Team Members

Very busy with trusted local management. Team members are very creative and we preformed as a tight unit. Local Management trusted team members with work hours.

Cons

great workplace and lot of opportunities for growth and learning

Zurich helped me to not only be a good team player but also grow as a team leader and improve my leadership skills by leading a team of five to six members. Due to my outstanding multitasking abilities I was given the opportunity to work directly with the client in England and this helped me a lot to understand the business perspectives .

My co-workers

The most enjoyable part of the job is, my team members are easy to work with. The are efficient and up to task.We always work on difficult task with high level of commitment and dedication to achieve goals.

Pros

free health

A great place to work!

I was welcomed as a part of the team from day one, and the supportive environment amongst my co-workers has not changed. The management is excellent and does not micro-manage. Finally, I am given a chance to make decisions and supported when I am right and effectively coached on how to make better decisions if I should happen to make an error. I would recommend working for Zurich as I am happy to be here!

Productive and Fun Work Place

Productive and Fun Work Place I have learnt many new things and still learning. Management is very good here including co-workers

productive and rewarding job

positive and productive, underwriting of new business, processing endorsements and renewals, team effort management is engaging and supportive, there wasn't a negative side to the job, i learned a lot about insurance and the market i loved this job.

Jobs at Zurich North America