Zurich North America logo
Zurich North America

Zurich North America Employee Reviews in Toronto, ON

Very professional company. Good Benefits and work/life balance.

Worked for 5 years. Good team and very helpful to each other. Learned many applications ... both home grown and public. Learned new hardware and software as well as meeting/attendance.

Pros

Friendly, team atmosphere

Cons

Dealing with differing personalities

Great people and excellent benefits

Great people and excellent benefits. A global company with many opportunities for growth. Hours and schedules vary depending on your department and skills.

Training Specialist

Zurich is an organized environment. Difficult to have career advancements as most of the business is in the US or in Europe. Overall acceptable working conditions and good colleagues.

The 80/20 Rule

Job Work/Life Balance - 20% of the employees do 80% of the work. If you are one of the 20%, you are rarely thanked let alone rewarded. 60+ hour weeks are not uncommon. Salary / Benefits - old pension is gone which was a huge motivator for employees to endure this place. Salary is below market average. Regardless, you will earn every penny. Job Security/Advancement -company is notorious for restructure and lay-offs almost annually. They prefer appointing external management over promoting from within. Management - some good, some bad. The good ones are at the mercy of an erratic and ever-changing corporate strategy. Job Culture - majority of staff is miserable and over-worked. There are fundraising and pizza-day events every once in a while. Morale has been so low for so long that it's somewhat trite, but the gesture is nice nonetheless.

Productive and Excellent work place

Great company to work for with excellent work opportunity. I learnt a lot as a junior software tester with an opportunity to grow in this field. My colleagues were always ready to lend me a helping hand.

Great Experience

I Loved working there. I am currently a full time student at Durham College, studying 911 Dispatch Emergency Services. I am looking for employment to aid in my transition to a full time student.

Always learning something new....

Designing, developing and delivering engaging training solutions at Zurich was always interesting and challenging. Lots of opportunity to use and grow my skill set. Excellent management and excellent opportunities came every day.

My co-workers

The most enjoyable part of the job is, my team members are easy to work with. The are efficient and up to task.We always work on difficult task with high level of commitment and dedication to achieve goals.

Pros

free health

Unknown

It was a good environment for an assistant. Lots of work to do and learning opportunities to grow. Excellent benefits and perks.

It's a fun place to work in. Very friendly and job was very easy to do.

Zurich has a strong balance sheet and a well-balanced portfolio of business — geographically and by line of business. Zurich consistently maintains strong financial ratings.When customers and brokers select an insurer, they need to know the company will be around and in a position to pay claims this year, next year and in the years to come

Jobs at Zurich North America

in Toronto, ON
See more jobs

A great place to work!

I was welcomed as a part of the team from day one, and the supportive environment amongst my co-workers has not changed. The management is excellent and does not micro-manage. Finally, I am given a chance to make decisions and supported when I am right and effectively coached on how to make better decisions if I should happen to make an error. I would recommend working for Zurich as I am happy to be here!

Productive and Fun Work Place

Productive and Fun Work Place I have learnt many new things and still learning. Management is very good here including co-workers

productive and rewarding job

positive and productive, underwriting of new business, processing endorsements and renewals, team effort management is engaging and supportive, there wasn't a negative side to the job, i learned a lot about insurance and the market i loved this job.

You learn a lot at this company, people are friendly and there is room for growth.

Pros

Great people to work with

Cons

Long hours and heavy workload

flexible with time and family focused

I have learned a lot of experience working with Zurich-WTP for almost 15 years. It's a company of diversity and we treat each other as a family.

Pros

flexible hours

Great overall

Enjoyed doing my work, had accomplished a lot of exprerience, management and co-workers were excellent, friendly and fun loving.

Pros

subsidised

Cons

yes when i had dead lines

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Zurich North America. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2Job security/advancement