Zurich Insurance

Zurich Insurance Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

Customer Service Representative19 reviews

Found 19 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,112 reviews

I loved working with those who worked at Zurich both co-workers and management. Employees are encouraged to improve their skills and their abilities.

Zurich is a great company to work for. The management cares about those that work for them. Management encouraged the employees to better theirself. The company has profits sharing and good insurance for their employees. They pay for the employees to continue theirbusiness education.

Pros

The employee are encouraged to advance their business skills.

Cons

No cons

Always changing processes, goals set high, good vacation benefits

Constantly changing in processes and procedures, goals are attainable for few, health benefits have several options for levels of coverage and different providers, work at home is encouraged but equipment such as monitors is not provided to perform the job duties

Insights into Zurich Insurance

What people like
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Support from manager

Coworkers are great. That is about all the is good about Zurich

Coworkers are great. That is about all the is good about Zurich. Managers are horrible and they micro-manage. Cannot even go to the bathroom without telling manager via Teams IM that you will be going to the bathroom. If you work the 6 am early shift, your lunch is at 9:30 am. That is your LUNCH, not your break. No work-life balance. Extremely expensive health insurance. Horrible pay. $15/hour and no raises

Pros

Coworkers are awesome.

Cons

Managers have no idea what is going on. Lunch at 9:30 am. Low pay

It was a very long time ago like 20years

Wasn't that perfect for me but it pays bills and enjoy helping co worker's learning new accounts all the time taught me time management received lots of great tools to use during the time I worked there great company gathering

Pros

Sometimes

– 12 April 2021
Thank you for your review, and we are happy to hear you felt we had strong technology and a good culture. Zurich is committed to providing learning and development opportunities so our employees can meet their full potential.

Challenge

To solve the customer inquiries and compliant with professional communication skill by emails and incoming calls. I've learned the professional problem solving skills from this job. To determine how to follow up customer's extra requirement. The hardest part of this job was find out the hidden needs from the customer and provide the tailor made service. It was quite enjoyable to brainstorm with colleague and find out the best solution for the customer.

Pleasant work atmosphere. The people are great, had a great boss

Office is very busy. We are cross trained to be able to help in other departments. Management is very supportive. Workload is very heavy at beginning and end of month. Most enjoyable part was the people I worked with.

Pros

We had a great team and frequently had free lunch, sometimes outings.

Cons

company is downsizing in our department

First Class Benefit package but reeling after layoffs

It is tough to work when the staff was shrunk due to layoffs but the work volume has remained the same. No one is friendly nor happy, but most are robotic. Missing sense of humor at workplace.

Pros

Beautiful Building

Cons

Unrealistic end of day deadlines

Left because of stress level

In 2004, I was hired with Zurich. Typical days were hectic, and lots of work. I was assigned to an Underwriter and Underwriting Technician. The work would come in faster than I or the rating systems would allow me to process. I was very stressed out, and that was my reason for departure.

Pros

I was employed

Cons

Stress, Archaic Systems, Manual Processes

Do not work for this company

Very racist, micro management. If you enjoy being watched and intimidated then this is the perfect company for you!! If you are a person of color, please do not apply here!!

Pros

Early Friday release throughout the summer

Cons

Way to many to list

work hard, but are very well compensated. Very good training before putting you on the job. Also will have someone with you when you start out on your own. The hardest part of the job is having to know everything about everything!!

Pros

Pto

Cons

I really enjoyed my job at Zurich, and left to have my family, I love working with people and feel I work good in a team, also learning to work independently when needed. The people I worked with were all friendly and nice to be around. The hardest part of the job was probably having to deal with irate customers, however when you calm them down and the conversation finishes positively it is a great feeling.

Pros

Great staff canteen

Cons

sat in an office on a beautiful sunny day

Customer Service Inbound call center

Inbound call center Speak with Dr office about patient accounts Speak with patients about their workers compensation account

Not a job for advancement

The management has no clue what they are doing. There is no chance to advance within the company, only within the call center. There is a high turn over rate there due to the management issues.

Pros

Catered events

Cons

forced overtime, turn over rate is high, poor pay

Great company to work for with lots of perks.

Great company to work for. Lots of perks for employees such as sponsored 1 Jaguar game yearly, Christmas bonuses and yearly honey bake ham. Great benefits with generous PTO time. Department book of business sold to Farmers.

great company

zurich was a great place to work. Learned alot over the years. Coworkers were great.

Cons

would not pay for any educational training ie ins courses

No job security

When it was Universal Underwriters, it was the best place I'd ever worked. When Zurich took over, it became one of the worst. There is no job security. Watch your back, because it becomes survival of the nastiest. Managers advise you to keep your resume up to date. Management doesn't do much. Some get ahead by sleeping with their bosses. Certain small groups are protected by management, while other good workers are sacrificed.

Pros

some nice people remaining from the uug days. decent pay.

Cons

zurich is ruthless and unfair in management and hr matters.

great benefits!

great company to work for and great Benefits. Company really cares about your needs.

benefits

Cons

corporate issues

Good place to learn about commercial insurance interactions.

I learned alot of customer service skills talking to the customers who were looking the information they were calling about.

Service Representative

Responsibilities included but not limited to entering life insurance applications into the computer system.• Completed life insurance applications with clients over the telephone.• Faxed & E-mail potential clients with information regarding life insurance policies.• Other duties as assigned.

Pros

speaking to nice people all day and healthcare benefits.

Cons

long commute at the time.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Zurich Insurance. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement