Zurich Insurance

Zurich Insurance Employee Reviews for Claims Specialist

Claims Specialist24 reviews

Found 24 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,118 reviews

You learn a lot at this company, people are friendly and there is room for growth.

Pros

Great people to work with

Cons

Long hours and heavy workload

Great Workplace

Great benefits, flexible work environment and very supportive management. Would highly recommend others to work here. I've really liked how Zurich has allowed the 100% remote work environment during the pandemic.

Insights into Zurich Insurance

What people like
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Support from manager

Was fun as I loved doing claims

It was very rewarding and challenging and I was rewarded the worker for the most claims handled.I was the one if there were problems with any claims the Branch Manager would give me all these clsims to solve. This made it extra rewarding to put the client in the same position before the loss.

Pros

I received many especially with the loss adjusterd

Cons

Long hours did not matter as the client was more important

Industry Best

Awesome management team. Claim Manager and Team Leader the absolute best who provide the flexibility, guidance and most importantly the autonomy required to succeed.

Ok

Great place to work..great boss and they give you the option to work from home which is convenient. Location is great since the claim office in Rocky Hill.

Fun place to work

Excellent company offered benefits. Managers knowledgeable. Open door policy. Promotes a work-life balance. Promotes a team environment. Good working hours.

Workplace

Zurich has undergone so many changes and downsizing to remain financially viable to their investors. They have outsourced payments, claim set up and more to companies over seas, who barely speak English. The Managers are constantly stressed out, and not helpful. They'll be the first to leave after 8 hours. Many are clique-ish and immature. In my time there, I saw dozens of co-workers leave, after being treated unfairly. All the offices have a rotating door of workers.

Benefits

Cons

Minimal Salary, thousands under other insurers.

Overworked and underpaid

Zurich overworks their employees to the point that the job is not manageable. They make it so that it unrealistic to achieve any type of goals that they set which creates a very discouraging and negative work environment.

Pros

location

Cons

work load and pay

stressful

required knowledge of federal and state regulation for the geographical area handled. day involved detailed computer work, frequent use of phone. knowledge of arbitration, medication and suits required.

I have great experience working with this company. They have provided great skills and knowledge for my carear. This would be great for others as well.

Normal claims adjusting

Normal case load for a claims adjuster. Ability to work from home 3 days a week. Easy access to upper management. Team work on difficult cases. Flexible as long you got your work done.

Pros

Free coffee, tea hot cocoa

Cons

Constantly changing upper management

Professional environment

Business casual dress code. Weekly report card of your weekly work progress. Inbound call center. Had to have knowledge of working with online faxes, emails as well as receiving and sending physical faxes. It was a business environment with constant competition to become specialized in a specific area of the insurance company to have them pay for you to become licensed and then promoted. Limited number of positions hence the competition.

Pros

Learned a lot from management and coworkers on the industry

Cons

Took a long time to advance within the company.

Amazing benefits

I worked for Zurich nearly 11 years as a full time employee and worked my way from lower level intake to handling litigation to developing training. Zurich was a wonderful company to work for and compensated fairly. Only left to be a care taker of a family member and then the location closed.

Pros

Good pay & benefits

Cons

High stress

Great Place to Work

Having the right manager will enable the growth and development of your career. They have a great work life balance available for their employees. Management holds employees to their goals.

Many changes lately not working for many and many leaving

My family and I are transferring however if that was not the case I would be looking anyway.... the changes being made do not allow for good moral or faith in the management that we report too... feels as tho they go along and do not speak up for our conserns too much worry of outsourcing and lots of layoffs. I have spoken to people who have been in the company and many were people thought they would be here for retirement

Pros

Hours

Cons

Moral and worry of outsourcing

Fun place to work

Typical day was doing search for new claims, contacting insured, documenting file and preparing file for next course of action. Manager was awesome, my team was awesome and I am grateful to Zurich for this training me and promoting me while the business was here in Maryland.

Pros

Cons

having to deny coverage

Flexible, fun loving work environment

Zurich is a very awesome place to work. Claims will be claims no matter where you go, but this place takes the stress out of dealing with claims. The people are great to work with and the management team is very helpful.

Very solid company, just hope for a good manager

The company itself is very stable, offers many potential opportunities, and generous compensation. Senior management in my region was very supportive of career development. However, team managers, who you deal with on a much regular basis, absolutely leave much to be desired - problems with lack of interest, excessive case loads, ignoring submitted closings, and internally promoted managers not recognizing that they are now a member of management and acting accordingly versus acting like they were still a front line employee. Also, despite senior managements support of career development, actually being able to branch out into other areas of the company are limited by preferential treatment and arbitrary hiring policies (ie: not being able to switch roles within a year of receiving a title bump). End of the day, it's another job in claims, nothing more.

Pros

Compensation

Cons

They talk a good game regarding career advancement in different LOB areas but do not deliver

n/a

Marine Claims Specialist - May 2014 to Present  Receive, analyze and adjust Ocean Cargo marine claims and issue claim payments.  Review and interpret policy wording and explain coverage, deductibles and claim procedure to clients. Marine Underwriting Service Specialist - September 2011 to May 2014  Provide support to Underwriters by clearing Submissions, Booking, and Issuing of Policies and Endorsements.  Monitor and update Policy Mailing Registry to ensure 30 day Contract Certainty met.  Research and resolve Billing and Reinsurance Inquiries on Accounts. Claims Assistant - May 2010 to September 2011 (contracted through Spherion Corporation)  Assisted handlers by setting up new claims; sending acknowledgment letters; and assigning handlers.  Researched and annotated Team’s bi-weekly Claim Error spreadsheets; and provided administrative support to the Global Large Loss Claims Team.

Excellet place to work.

The company was wonderful. I worked for a subsidiary, Universal Underwriters and eventually for Zurich North America. The time is was there the company, the managers, and my co-workers were all excellent. If you have expectations to learn and grow it can be done. The benefits are fantastic, management and upper management all wanted the employees to succeed, but you have to put the time in.

Pros

Great benefits

Cons

Work / Life balance is difficult

Although there is a lot flexibility, overall very poor company to work fo

The Atlanta office is very unorganized. The turnover is very high. Level 2 reps leave the company only to be replaced with trainees. All of the experienced management staff have all resigned and new inept managers are in place. Initially, I believed it was just the Atlanta office that lacked leadership. However, I have come to know it is company wide. This large company operates like a small nonstandard company with about ten employees. Benefits are horrible. Company is self insured so they are trying the keep the expenses low. If you are offered a position, run don't walk in the opposite direction.

Pros

flexible

Cons

benefits, management inept, unorganized

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Zurich Insurance. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement