Zurich Insurance

Insights into Zurich Insurance

What people like
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Support from manager

Productive and enjoyable work enviroment

All co-workers get along and have a fun attitude. The workplace culture is light but professional. The hardest part of the job is not getting carried away with the fun atmosphere.

Driven company to be the best North America insurance company. And they are.

Very competitive company with other international companies. Great place to work for interns and after college. This company has a lot to offer for younger employees fresh out of college.

Zurich was a productive, challenging, flexible and friendly place or employment.

I always enjoyed going into work. My co-workers (including management) were all friendly and extremely approachable. There was always something challenging that would come up in the workday that would add just a bit change to make it interesting. Management was always very flexible regarding your start time and end time for the work day.

Temporary

This was a temporary position in which my time was made enjoyable. The people were nice and make you feel very welcome. Everyone was always on hand to help.

Good People

Zurich is full of good people who love what they do. It is a tight night family environment and a good place to work. The employees really care about each other

Good job to help develop IT skills.

Working in an administrative position they job involved printing off documents or the various teams within the organisation. Filing was also a large part of the job role and helping members of staff with their administrative needs.

Pros

Good hourly pay.

Cons

Could be boring and repetitive.

Outstanding company to eork with.

I was employed with Zurich in Schaumburg in 1982. I spent the first 12 years working for a vice president. it was an excellent opportunity and I enjoyed it very much. the last 12 14 years I worked for a senior vice president who spent most of his time out of the country so I pretty much handled his job. I liked working there very much. the pay was excellent. the company culture was pretty good, not excellent. I had outstanding managers and 11 years after retiring both those managers and their families are now good personal friends.

Pros

Great pay and good managers

Cons

Old fashioned culture.

Excellent work place

I work for the company for 13 + from The Home Insurance Company, Risk Enterprise Management, Centre, Zurich Centrally Management Business & Zurich Legacy Solutions

Pros

Lots of challenge work

Cons

Good healthcare

undeniable

Working here was great, i received awesome benefits they had family days and picnics and everyone worked as a team there was no goal unreached here

It was just admin job where i had to pay for customers and do alot of paper work. Learned how to communicate with clients who walk in. Learned how to pay for the customers and fill up the forms. Enjoyment of the job is when you meet clients face to face and talk to them.

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Zurich Insurance?

change and enjoyable

Working at Zurich Insurance Company on a daily basis was for me very fruitful I learnt new things all the time with alot of challenges that followed. The management at Zurich was always willing to assist as well as supportive. I didn't have any difficult experiences at work every day for me was a new experience no matter how hard it got I took it as a challenge. My job was very enjoyable , learning the new systems and working with the brokers. I believe as an independant wand dedicated worker you can reap alot of benefits no matter how difficult the situation is.

Company has great benefits

Zurich has great benefits. N/A Exciting opportunities Great Employees

Knowledgeable great working team with Global Relationship Leaders

Productive RCT Database n/a Challenging n/a New projects Was looking for a long term relationship to build within Zurich but CFO of the department relocated to another Country which was not an opportunity for me to grow.

Pros

Fun work invironment

Cons

Was a contractor

Productive workplace that insured dealerships and garages.

A typical day at work was very enjoyable and time flew by. I learned a lot about how dealerships operate. The management was very caring and would take time to help where ever needed. All the co-workers except for one were always busy and did what they could to get their work done. The hardest part of my job was dealing with that one co-worker who did not do his share of the work. The most enjoyable part of my job was getting to know my co-workers and our customers.

Pros

Free parking.

Cons

Short breaks.

wonderful place to work

This company really took care of its employees. The only reason I left was my husband got relocated to Maryland

Pros

perks

Cons

nothing

Zurich is a Wonderful place to work at.

.good benefits and change is always happening for the better..many webinars are given to teach employees new methods of doing things..Zurich people are good people to associate and work with..the best part of the day is the entire day - it's just smoothly getting your work done throughout the day.

Pros

benefits- 401k, pension, vacation, sick time, medical, dental, vision, room for growth ...

Cons

some jobs are being out sourced, so some employees are being laid off.

Not the greatest place to work

Zurich insurance could probably be a decent place to work but because I've worked for better managed companies, they really could use some improvement. Their email and phone system is too outdated. Lotus notes is too outdated to be using in the 21st century and they have a modern phone system but its too complicated for workers to use. And when you need help to fix a problem with their equipment, it takes too long to get a resolution.

Pros

the location

Cons

outdated email system

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Zurich Insurance. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement