Zurich Insurance

Zurich Insurance Employee Reviews in Schaumburg, IL

Schaumburg, IL205 reviews

Found 205 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,118 reviews
claimschaumburgunderwriterunderwriteadjusterinsuranceoutsourcenorth

Investment in staff and workers

The level of training and commitment to employees was very impressive. There were many opportunities and people in general were motivated toward each other's success.

Pros

opportunities

Cons

politics ant higher levels

– 4 May 2021
Thank you for your review and your comments about our training, people, culture and development opportunities. Zurich has undergone some changes recently in order to continue executing on our strategy of being customer focused and driving innovation.

They rather hire from the outside, than to give you a promotion.

Nothing good to say. Stay away from this company. They hire people that do not have the knowledge or background for the specific position, hence if they are your boss, good luck ! They rather hire from the outside, than to give you a promotion.

Pros

None.

Cons

Too many to list, They rather hire from the outside, than to give you a promotion.

Insights into Zurich Insurance

What people like
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Support from manager

Lots of personal growth opportunities.

Zurich is a good place and I will list the benefits below. They can improve in a couple of areas that I am going to list at the end. Skip to the bottom if that’s all you care about. You are paid twice a month. 15th and last business day. They have a hybrid work model where you can start as early as 6am or as late as 10am. Salary positions can work all hours of the day but they want you to be able to fielding questions from clients or vendors between 10-2. Depending on department and location, you may have to go in the office 5 days a week or you work remotely 5 days a week. The majority of jobs let you work from home 2 days a week. If someone’s says they get to work from home 4 days a week then they probably are not lying but that’s not typical pre covid. They have lots of opportunities to grow as a person and professionally. They will pay for and reward you for any designation you want to get at the institutes. 100% tuition assistance but it has to be approved by your manager and has to be in the department budget. This is good but also creates a kangaroo court where some people get it and some don’t because managers are told different things. 6% match on your 401k and a 3% 401k that acts as a retirement plan. You are fully vested in this one after 6 years. Lots of health insurance plans to pick from. They plans are area specific and you can pick between BCBS or UHC. A individual plan can be as cheap as $20-$30 a pay period. Vision & Dental is offered but is higher than what I’ve seen. PTO is very competitive and accumulates. You can buy or sale up to 5 days. -

Pros

Culture, free tuition, hybrid work schedules

Cons

Outdated human resource thinking.

Loyal, hardworking, long-term employees get overlooked for management or Senior Technical Claims positions

I have been a top performer in the claims department for several years, meeting and exceeding the metrics. I'm consistently told I do great work. However, the last few years, I stopped getting pay raises because I'm told that I'm "at the top of my pay scale" and that "others need the money more" (even those that do not work as hard). I'm told the only way to get a raise is to apply for a promotion. However, I've applied for MCU a few times and management twice (when I'm told by peers for years I would do a great job in any of those areas), but I get overlooked, and those jobs go to people that are younger and have been with the company a short time.Staff legal is also a "driver" of litigation. Zurich will tell you that claims adjusters should drive the claims, but that is not true. Staff legal will force several litigation panels in order to bully adjusters and management into overpaying claims so they don't have to try cases (I'm talking about very defensible cases). They do not have the customer in mind, they only have their own metrics in mind (how much can we pay to get out of this?). Their M.O. is to start litigation agreeing with you that this is defensible on liablity and/or damages, then shortly before mediation or trial they jack up their evaluation numbers and beat up on claims staff to give them LOTS of money.

Pros

good company match on 401K, generous PTO

Cons

bullying type culture, age discrimination

Excellent work environment.

Transparency rules through their culture. I never had an issue that wasn't a need to be discussed. No micromanagement in my theater of work. It was a very positive and developmental experience.

Pros

Great team support, pay and benefits.

Cons

Really none I recall.

Great Workplace

Great benefits, flexible work environment and very supportive management. Would highly recommend others to work here. I've really liked how Zurich has allowed the 100% remote work environment during the pandemic.

Good work environment with great management

Good company with good foundation and accurate market pay. Ability to work from home pre Covid is very beneficial ( full remote now). Clear vision from executive leadership.

Pros

Flexible hours

Cons

Workload is large

– 4 May 2021
We appreciate your review and are happy to hear you enjoy our flexible work schedules, compensation package, and development opportunities. There continues to be a focus on workload and work/life balance at Zurich.

Unsupportive Management - Tense Environment

Management does not personally care nor encourage advancement. I was an aggressive learner and brought in new ideas which were readily accepted, but I had to fight for pay increases and recognition. Tense environment with team members in constant competition created by management.

Cons

Management not supportive, creates tense environment and low salary

– 12 April 2021
Zurich appreciates your review and is glad to hear your new ideas were embraced. As part of Zurich's continued commitment to our employees and candidates, we conduct an annual salary analysis to ensure our employees receive fair and equitable pay.

Productive and fun

An ideal place to work with a bunch of talented people. Improised my skills and learnt a lot of new things from the company, including the intranet softwares.

Great management

Work-life balanceWork-life balance at Zurich North America is great because of well balance of full time and contracts. I worked in IT team where managers are very seniors and always give time for a contract too.

Enjoyed my time at the organization.

Nice place to work. People are nice and management was invested in my growth and happiness. Benefits could have been a little bit better. PTO was standard. Room for growth and career advancement.

Good company

Good company. Good benefits and time off. Summer hours. Nice building to work in. Lots of support. Nice employees. Great location. Good company to work for.

Experienced, intelligent workforce

I was privileged to work with a group of passionate, smart people. They were great collaborators sharing ideas willingly. It was a fun and challenging place to work.

Great People Low Pay

Zurich has great flexibility and growth opportunity depending on the unit you work in. Unfortunately, I am in one of the units where I am underpaid but told I am a high performer which leads to mixed messaging.

It is a laid back environment

They focus a lot of the workplace culture. They want you to have a balance work and home life. Depending on which department you work in you have the chance to flex work. Which means being able to work from home or in another remote location that is not always your desk.

Cons

Healthcare is expensive

Need more flexibility in work hours

Need more flexibility in worm hours.management is more interested in making the most value from every penny they pay you. Work life balance is a joke in this company

Pros

Good benefits

Cons

Bad work life balance

Fast paced and intense environment.

Expectations are high and sometimes seemingly unrealistic however deadlines were flexible depending on the situation. Communication is imperative in order to sustain a high level of accomplishment. When goals are achieved recognition is swift. If goals were not achieved sometimes a write up was impending. It was an intense environment. Middle management was fickle and not always consistent. If you like these kinds of environments you would thrive. I did. I enjoyed my time there.

Enjoyable But Challenging Work Culture

Company strives to be innovative. Ability to work from home. Generous paid time off and benefits. Managers adhere to employees happiness. They've been through some labor cuts but are done for the most part. Now, the challenge is aligning the responsibilities appropriately between remaining employees. Still a work in process. Give to the community. Fun events at work.

Driven company to be the best North America insurance company. And they are.

Very competitive company with other international companies. Great place to work for interns and after college. This company has a lot to offer for younger employees fresh out of college.

Poor culture

Stressful work environment. No work/life balance. Little opportunity for advancement. Lack of communication from senior leadership. Unrealistic job expectations.

Do NOT work here

Working at Zurich was the worse experience of my career. Over worked adjuster. Tells their clients the adjusters have less claims than they really do is one of the multiple reasons I could no longer work here.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Zurich Insurance. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement