Zurich Insurance

Zurich Insurance Employee Reviews in Overland Park, KS

Overland Park, KS45 reviews

Found 45 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,118 reviews
claimschaumburgunderwriterunderwriteadjusterinsuranceoutsourcenorth

Always changing processes, goals set high, good vacation benefits

Constantly changing in processes and procedures, goals are attainable for few, health benefits have several options for levels of coverage and different providers, work at home is encouraged but equipment such as monitors is not provided to perform the job duties

Do NOT work there

They do not hire anymore. Currently a hiring freeze. They will bring you in as a contract that is made to feel like an outsider. Contractors will see a constant revolving door and be treated very poorly. Management is a joke. They have people managing staff and people when they themselves do not even know how to perform the work themselves. Management is strictly CYA and will blame everyone else for they mistakes

Insights into Zurich Insurance

What people like
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Support from manager

Zurich was a very good experience for me and built my skills and knowledge in underwriting commercial risks.

Zurich North America was a very pleasant and rewarding experience for me where I was able to learn a great deal and add to my expertise and knowledge of commercial insurance.

Good, prestigious company

Innovative company, international and on top of very valuable approaches in the industry. I gained valuable experience ahead of many in the industry of insurance.

Avoid VSC Department like the plague!

Where do I start? Zurich as a company is not too bad of a place, BUT the VSC (Vehicle Service Contract) department is the red headed step child. The department is grossly understaffed for the volume of calls/work coming in. The new AVP has no clue how to run it or retain good employees. The management staff will just sit back & watch when 20+ people are on hold for the claims department, they will not consider picking up a phone and helping. One particular manager should be locked in a closet with only a computer to work on, never to “manage” a human again, horrible bed side manor & zero people skills. 5 years ago, this was the place to be for the car minded person.... today, it’s a sweat shop full of empty promises & complete lack of management! Run Run Run!

Pros

Pto

Cons

Everything else

Fast paced Call Center Environment

Zurich has an excellent trainee program- Eight weeks of one on one or two on one training; hands on. Reaching daily goals could prove difficult due to call volume. Goals were to be reached in between calls- 30 seconds between each call. The company provides a Pension Plan which is excellent.

Excellent organizxation with employee development

This company was eager to staff properly, provide wonderful resources, and give you all the tools to succeed. It was an excellent place to work for many reasons.

Extremely Racist

If you are of color prepare to be watched micro managed and almost stalked by multiple people at the job and management. Pays people of color less than their coworkers that are not of color.Unpleasant work environment people do not speak to you and often stare. Diversity is not welcomed and they do not seem to care if you feel uncomfortable and unwelcome.

Pros

Summer hours

Cons

Too many to mention

unwelcoming to new employees

I recently started a position at Zurich. Was lied to about the salary. Asked for $38k was told it paid 35k but then was only offered 32k. After being told the recruiter made a mistake. I am African American and there is hardly any African Americans in management. I am often stared at. No one hardly speaks to make me feel welcomed and I have only been there 2 weeks. Management is rude. They had me start a week before my supervisor went on PTO for a week and apparently she didn’t give any instruction or knowledge of my training to the other manager. I am being constantly watched by management when I come to and from breaks. I am to do my required virtual learning on the computer everyday in the evening because my trainer has to name her mail. I don’t have earphones and was told I could go into the pod to do the required training. Well apparently someone complained about it even though I was recently told that I could go in there since I didn’t have head phones.well my trainer and the other manager made a big deal that no one knew where I was after I have told them several times I would be in the pod to do my required training. I feel I am being picked on because I am African American. Every time someone walks by the pod they look and stare. I have never felt so uncomfortable in my life working at a company. I was reprimanded for leaving early after I was told I could by the manager. She came back and claims it was only the first week and. Not the full training. My trainer who is Caucasian takes constant smoke breaks and 45 minute lunches without making up her time nor does anyone -

Pros

Work from home after 6 months for two days a week

Cons

Culture is VERY Unwelcoming

I may be biased...

I worked in the "Red-Headed Step-Child" department, which may not be an accurate view of the company as a whole. I loved my peers. I loved most of my direct managers. I hated corporate policy. I hated the review process. By the time I was laid off, I was ready to throw a party. If you can handle inane corporate policy and don't mind being stagnant on the corporate ladder, give it a shot! The people made it worth everything.

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Zurich Insurance?

Overall good experience - I was only there for 1-2yrs

I worked in an area that was kind of a one-off of Zurich Financial so I don't know that my experience is common for the overall company. In general it was fun and paid good enough.

Pros

Decent money

Cons

Fairly strict and commission structure could have been better

My Opinion

Typical Day at work - Paying claims, answering phones, balancing credit card statements, helping others, team work. What I learned - I rather enjoyed my actual job at Zurich. I learned that I am an outside the box thinker. I loved what I did and the challenge it presented me each and every day. When I hired on I really thought it would be my last job. Management: - in the beginning all was great. But , after a rather chaotic restructure of management, the last few months were nothing but manditory over time so we could "catch up", reduction in work force causing us "to get bhind", a new management staff that had no clue what we did and had no clue how to integrate it to their required style, but repremanded staff that it was all wrong. Staff that was not properly trained. Management still required a 10 person crew to maintain the same level of customer service and stats that a 20 person crew provided. Work Place Culture - The opportunities for advancement are phonomenal (if that is your thing) - however, if one likes their "clerical XYZ" position, they don't really support that person being the best XYZ clerk ever. They are constantly pushing employees to seek training in other parts of the company so one can become "promotable". Hardest part of the job - towards the end it was the mandatory over time, dealing with persons who didn't carry their weight and the new management turning a blind eye. Most enjoyable part of the job - everything - challenges, most co-workers, being a support system for others, training others, the paid time off, the 401k match, -

Pros

Benefits, Pto, training, promotability

Cons

Working short staffed to maintain "full staff" stats

Pleasant work atmosphere. The people are great, had a great boss

Office is very busy. We are cross trained to be able to help in other departments. Management is very supportive. Workload is very heavy at beginning and end of month. Most enjoyable part was the people I worked with.

Pros

We had a great team and frequently had free lunch, sometimes outings.

Cons

company is downsizing in our department

Zurich Summary

Great Pay however the office I was employed underwent major jobs reductions. Became very stressful to work there and your job was always in question. Use to have very knowledgeable employees who could handle difficult situations but they were for the most part let go.

Pros

pay and bonuses

Cons

job security and stressful

Would not recommend

Completely over worked. Not enough adjusters. New people might as well be lit fire and put on the floor with no training. They are completely understaffed you end up doing more than just your job as they are way way way understaffed every where. Management could care less. Just pile on more cause hay deligate who cares if they are already overloaded. Horrible days at work that feel like they will never end. Oh and their metrics pit employees against each other. Cheaters who cut corners win. Their health insurance and dental are not the best unless you pay thru the nose for better benefits. Time off is what you live for just to get away from the stress. Don’t drink the koolaid just run from this job to a better one if possible.

Pros

Cons

STRESS ! over worked no team work and no one cares at all.

This company has been shrinking and experiencing poor growth

I left this company because of my disenchantment with the management of the claims personnel. I truly enjoyed the people I worked with in claims but found the management culture defeatist and self-protective without too much regard for employee well-being or customer service.

Pros

Decent salalry, good benefits

Cons

Poor performance by claims managers

you can't go home

I use to work for Universal Underwriters Group which was owned by Zurich. I went to back to work for Zurich thinking it would be like it was with Universal, it wasn't.

benefits

Cons

lack of training, management style, job insecurity at Zurich

No comment.

Zurich is a very big company and (unfortunately) acts like a very big company. Their corporate culture is reflected in every Dilbert cartoon that's been published.

Co workers always there for you

This was a fast pace job and sometimes you worked more than 40 hours. Management tried to make the job a fun place to work with giving lunches and a small holiday party or activity.

Pros

management tried to have lunch every quarter. You also were given times you could work from home.

Cons

company moving jobs over seas

Keep trying to do more with less

Experience varies by your manager; But often everyone is overworked and underpaid though the benefits are pretty good. The company is going through a lot of change and recently there was a huge layoff with out any warning.

Benefits

Cons

Pay, Workload; Poor management

Great place to learn about insurance and gain experience

Zurich pushed me to learn more about insurance and how to be a great underwriter. They provided great benefits and the opportunity to work from home.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Zurich Insurance. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement