Zurich Insurance

Zurich Insurance Employee Reviews in Omaha, NE

Omaha, NE17 reviews

Found 17 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,116 reviews

It was a very long time ago like 20years

Wasn't that perfect for me but it pays bills and enjoy helping co worker's learning new accounts all the time taught me time management received lots of great tools to use during the time I worked there great company gathering

Pros

Sometimes

– 12 April 2021
Thank you for your review, and we are happy to hear you felt we had strong technology and a good culture. Zurich is committed to providing learning and development opportunities so our employees can meet their full potential.

Workplace

Zurich has undergone so many changes and downsizing to remain financially viable to their investors. They have outsourced payments, claim set up and more to companies over seas, who barely speak English. The Managers are constantly stressed out, and not helpful. They'll be the first to leave after 8 hours. Many are clique-ish and immature. In my time there, I saw dozens of co-workers leave, after being treated unfairly. All the offices have a rotating door of workers.

Benefits

Cons

Minimal Salary, thousands under other insurers.

Insights into Zurich Insurance

What people like
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Support from manager

Nice people

Nice people and good benefits. My location was downsizing, so opportunities locally were not there. But globally, there are opportunities at Zurich.

Pros

nice people, nice benefits

Cons

too much work for the amount of staff, inefficient IT systems

Corporate Atmosphere

This is a world wide company with over 60000 employees. Work environment is stressful, but the opportunities are many and benefits package is excellent. For the young aspiring individual, this is an excellent starting point for a creer in the insurance industry.

Pros

Great people and benefits

Cons

Very stressful environment

Good People

Zurich is full of good people who love what they do. It is a tight night family environment and a good place to work. The employees really care about each other

Excellent team, terrible management

Zurich is going through a revolving door with restructuring going on constantly. The left hand isn't talking to the right; initiatives were being started, only to have their entire staff laid off. Office just went casual dress and is trying to improve work-life balance. Perhaps to offset the atrocious employee morale. I wouldn't apply to Zurich for awhile.

Flexible work arrangements

Ability to work from home and flexible schedules are a plus. Casual work environment and locations across North America with ability to work in one office while reporting to another

Many changes lately not working for many and many leaving

My family and I are transferring however if that was not the case I would be looking anyway.... the changes being made do not allow for good moral or faith in the management that we report too... feels as tho they go along and do not speak up for our conserns too much worry of outsourcing and lots of layoffs. I have spoken to people who have been in the company and many were people thought they would be here for retirement

Pros

Hours

Cons

Moral and worry of outsourcing

Great company to work for. Good salaries, comes with a big work load.

Great company to work for. Good salaries, comes with a big work load. Opportunity for advancement. I came in as a traniee not knowing anything about underwriting. I received great training an now have great industry experience.

Pros

pay

Cons

workload

Insurance setting and a nice company to be employed by

My daily routine was 95% on the computer. My work came in through email system Lotus Notes. Customer Service was a daily part of my day also, by helping the underwriters with ID cards, Motor Vehicle Reports, Terrorism Reports, State & Workman Comp Filings, working on the AS400 add & deletes of cars. Also, taking phone calls from customers.

Team work is not in the vocabulary

The culture at this company is like no other I have ever seen. Very clicky to say the least. No one wants to help you when you are there so you pretty much need to figure things out on your own

Pros

cafe on site

Cons

management

Enlightening place w/nice surroundings.

I was never bored. I learned something new each day in all aspects. My closest associates at work were very kind and experienced.

Pros

a cafeteria.

Cons

the company has no diversity at all.

This used to be a good company

Zurich in Omaha used to be a good place to work. Only thing left is some nice employees. Speculation is that Zurich wants to close the Omaha office as there are about 1/2 the people there compared to when I started. Zurich seems to be working an active plan to move jobs to Schamberg and KC, and out of Omaha.The have eliminated some very good IT systems and replaced them with outsourced systems from corporate supported from india that are huge steps backward making it much harder to get the work done. When employees complained how bad the systems were, they were told to 'get or board' or you will be fired. One senior claims examiner refered to the new systems as 'horrible'.Senior management only seems to care about their short term bonuses, and moral is terrible. Employees are treated more as cost centers than as employees.Most good employees are actively looking for new positions outside the company. Claim examiners routinely have far more claims than they are supposed to, making it an impossible task to take care of customers.Stay away from this place and all of Zurich if you can. It's truely sad to see how Swiss management has ruined what used to be a good place to work.

Pros

empolyees who care

Cons

senior management that only cares about this quarters bonus.

Fast paced environment

Very fast paced work environment, days go by very fast. Typical day involves reviewing and approving requests for authority and coverage letters. Mentoring and training staff. Keeping up with new laws that effect my team.

Nice company to work for, great benefits, great people

Premium enrollment and auditsCesar system, AS400 system, premium coding and audits.Management was very fairCo-workers were very team orientedbusy time, end of month getting all money bookedmy team members

Pros

salary, pto and benefits

Cons

busy times

Overall good company claims dept. lacks in security and advancement

The company provides fair salary and benefits but working in claims lacks any real growth opportunities so you are stuck with a meger 2 percent raise a year. If you want to advance you need to move around. Alot has changed in the five years I have been there and starting salaries have been reduced quite a bit. So those who started after me may not feel the same about the pay and I know I won't see a decent raise unless I look for another job. The workload is large and although you get a lot of PTO its hard to use given the workload. They are very fair with the benefits of being in the Army Reserve but then my coworkers have to pick up the slack in my abscence making their jobs much more difficult. Claims can be very stressful yet the company does nothing to offset that. The only real benefit is day to day management generally leaves you alone so you at least don't have anyone micromanaging you. Luckily I have my health insurance elsewhere as the high deductible plans are very expensive. The volatility of the insurance industrty also concerns people about job security as Zurich has had two lay offs in my 5 years company wide. They are constantly looking to ensure they have just enough employees. My department is getting more claims yet we have lost a team member who will not be replaced. Again this review is about claims as Zurich has many other departments.

Pros

fair amount of pto, military time off friendly, no micromanagement

Cons

lack of opportunity for growth or raises

I worked with good people

Interesting company. First time I had worked in the Insurance Field.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Zurich Insurance. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement