Zurich Insurance

Zurich Insurance Employee Reviews in New York, NY

New York, NY62 reviews

Found 62 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,118 reviews

Great company

Overall, I can say that Zurich was a great starting point for me after graduating college. They have an extensive training program to proper for the insurance world, I've worked with some great people, and it's allows you to be more than a data entry's person.

The staff counsel office in nyc is pretty horrible

To its credit, Zurich offered a remote hybrid schedule before the pandemic- 2 days at home, 3 in the office. That’s the only positive I can say about the place.

Insights into Zurich Insurance

What people like
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Support from manager

Stockholm syndrome culture

On its face it seems to be a great place to work because of relatively good benefits (pension, 401(K) match, good PTO), but the health insurance is abysmal with an extremely high deduction. Daily work life is watch your back, toxic management, and put on a happy face like a good Stockholm syndrome robot.

Pros

Generous PTO

Cons

They stock the kitchen with food and drinks because they want you to live there

Great Place to Work

Get work life balance. Salary could be better. Summer hours. Excellent benefits. Overall great place to work. Would definitely recommend as an employer.

Ok

It was a decent place to work with good benefits and 401k. The direction of the management was not clear. I liked my boss and team. You can move within.

Very nic place to work

Worked as a data entry clerk temp for almost 2 years.People were very nice Was invited to there holiday bowling parties even after I was no longer a temp. Even was interviewed a few years later. But didn't get position. Great place to work.

Constant reorganizing

A lot of smart people. A lot of expertise ugh regard to underwriting and claims. However, a difficult work environment with constant reorganizing and layoffs

Some ups and downs, but an okay place to work.

The group I worked with was a great bunch of people however there were issues with communication that seemed to permeate the company that often made it difficult to get some constant issues resolved.

Overall great place to work

Zurich is a great company to work for. Insurance is a relationship business and that is proven time and time again at the company. Career advancement can be limited depending on job function, but overall there is room for growth. Management has a vested interest in developing those who express this career aspirations. Benefits are great, but in line with industry.

MSG struggles with poor management

Typical day - following up with management for the 10th time. Learned - Management is useless and lack experience. Management - "WORKED" the way to the top. Culture - Waiting to see who quit today. Hardest part of the job - Defending the Company and Management to clients and brokers. Most Enjoyable Part - Leaving - PTO was non existent as management requires 365 24/7 availability and no idea what we actually do when you are not present.

Nice people, bad mgmt

Constantly changing appetite, business plan, leaving employees and customers/partners unsatisfied. Free food in the pantry every once in a while. Dedication to charity work was positive.

Poor leadership by individuals who lack experience and skill set

Hardest part of the job was responding to micromanagement, poor systems and constant turnover. Always understaffed due to employees resigning due to poor unit managers.

Pros

Large company

Great Company

I loved working for Zurich. I recently relocated or I'd still be working there. The flex work program allowed me to work from home two days per week. I had an excellent manager who always made me feel part of the team. I found my job as an Underwriting Assistant interesting and I thoroughly enjoyed learning something new every day. With the flex work program, I was able to leave my cubicle and go to the one of the many huddle rooms provided to do more concentrated work when I wanted to. The sit/stand desk and dual screen monitors provided helped were state of the art. Zurich was also concerned about employees health and there were challenges to do group walking during lunch hours. Room for advancement if that's what one wants to do.

Pros

Flex Work

A decent place to work

The insurance industry is changing just like every other industry today. Zurich is making a lot of necessary changes to stay competitive. I work with some great people.

Moving in the wrong direction

This company has lost sight of what made it great. It has slipped to a place where politics are king. It is all about perception and not about truly contributing. Very unfortunate.

Pros

Flexible work schedule.

Cons

Politics are everything

Productive and Cultural

My experience at Zurich was outstanding, however there was no room for growth. I've been with the company since 2008 and I've been moved throughout the company into different business unit in the same job role.

Pros

Flexibility

Cons

Commute

Not fun

busy, busy, busy, busy, busy work. All I did was file, staple, put stamps on things, moved paper fromone side of the desk to the other side of the desk

A big company

Some of the work could be rather routine and old-school. If you want a good compensation and work/life balance, go to this company, but if you prefer a challenging life and enjoy exploring new thing, definitely not a good place to go.

Great company

Zurich is a good company but management in some areas is not good. That being said, the company afforded me opportunities that other companies would not have and I will always remember Zurich for that. I spent 10 years there and had it not been for poor management toward the end, I would still be there. The grass is not always greener.

Pros

Mostly everything

Cons

Poor management in some areas of the company

Collaborative, fast paced work environment

The most enjoyable part of the job was the daily interaction and collaboration with co-workers. The management teams focus was centered around meeting shareholder expectations which impacted employee engagement at times.

Best place to work

Worked at Zurich for twenty three years. My co workers were my family. Great people, great company. Efficient training. Great management, although we all had a big problem with one of the managers, HR stepped in quickly did their investigation and terminated the manager. I guess they had to be very careful about getting possibly sued. Management VERY understanding to any personal issue you had, Dr appt, leave a little early because your child was sick, etc. I am so sad they dissolved our dept, I really miss working there.

Pros

All good

Cons

Sometimes phones were crazy

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Zurich Insurance. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement