Zurich Insurance

Maitland, FL8 reviews

Found 8 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,118 reviews
claimschaumburgunderwriterunderwriteadjusterinsuranceoutsourcenorth

Fast pace work environment

Zurich provides training so you are successful at your job. The people there are friendly and are always willing to help. Zurich overall is a great company.

Great company with excellent benefits

Great company with excellent benefits. 100% company match up to 6%, vested immediately. 20 PTO days, an the option to buy 5. Employees are allowed to work a flexible schedule.

Insights into Zurich Insurance

What people like
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Support from manager

Poor Management -Lots of Changes

Zurich is good at recruiting people from outside the organization, but not promoting their internal candidates. Their management is ever changing and there is a sense of fear in keeping your job due to all the changes.

Reviews of companys should not be a requirement.

Not interested in giving opinion on this company or its operations. This is a requirement for me to be able to post on Indeed, however I feel that this should not be a requirement.

Worked with a great team

My team was great, but management was not knowledgeable and were unable to assist us. The Moral of the office was low and case load was high. The team was great and we all worked hard to assist each other.

Pros

Summer Hours

Cons

Low Moral

Very hostile environment

There are very nice people that work there, but the management was very hostile and kept everyone extremely stressed out on a daily basis. You were not even allowed to communicate to co-workers or it was a problem. You were pressured for work on the job on a daily basis and no-one's best was satisfactory. It is so bad that during my time there 3 people had to be rushed by ambulance to the hospital due to heart attach and stoke. I do not recommend this company to anyone. Not the same as it's sister company I work for before in another country.

Left because of stress level

In 2004, I was hired with Zurich. Typical days were hectic, and lots of work. I was assigned to an Underwriter and Underwriting Technician. The work would come in faster than I or the rating systems would allow me to process. I was very stressed out, and that was my reason for departure.

Pros

I was employed

Cons

Stress, Archaic Systems, Manual Processes

Retaliatory and abusive management team

Consistent verbal abuse by supervisor and unable to elevate any concerns to HR. My experience, if you elevated your concerns, HR reported back to your management team and your supervisor would "find cause" to write you up. Diversity and inclusion are not practiced in the Maitland office. They ostracize and belittle anyone who is different or progressive in their thinking. Holds you accountable for things you have NO control over. Training and sharing of information to do your job, minimal at best.

Pros

Free Coffee

Cons

Hostile work enviroment

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Zurich Insurance?

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Zurich Insurance. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement