Zurich Insurance

Zurich Insurance Employee Reviews in Baltimore, MD

Baltimore, MD27 reviews

Found 27 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,116 reviews

I loved working with those who worked at Zurich both co-workers and management. Employees are encouraged to improve their skills and their abilities.

Zurich is a great company to work for. The management cares about those that work for them. Management encouraged the employees to better theirself. The company has profits sharing and good insurance for their employees. They pay for the employees to continue theirbusiness education.

Pros

The employee are encouraged to advance their business skills.

Cons

No cons

It was an "ok" place to work

There were too many tools, strict authority, and processes to get the job done efficiently. The rating/service department attitudes left a lot to be desired.

– 12 April 2021
We appreciate your review. The insurance industry does have specific processes and procedures we have to adhere to. Zurich has added to our well-being programs to help support our employees.

Insights into Zurich Insurance

What people like
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Support from manager

Good place to learn and process environmental claims.

Zurich offered a challenging environment upon which I learned environmental claims. I was able to advance and learn how to process more complex claims.

A good place to work and advance

I enjoyed working for Zurich North America. They allowed me the opportunity to work remotely for a period of time. I was involved with work on re-engineering teams and enjoyed that very much.

A day at Zurich

I worked remotely from home and traveled 3 to 4 days of the week within my given territory the other days were spent on the desk scheduling, handling reports and expenses etc. Mornings started out reviewing emails, updating and rating any accounts needing assistance or immediate attention, sending reports to agency meetings for the day or following day depending on schedule, reviewing monthly upcoming renewals and handling phone calls with agency and other underwriters to coordinate account production etc.

Pros

independent schedule, remote work, travel

Cons

Long hours and days, no set schedule

insurance rater/data entry

I was always busy at work, I learned a lot about insurance, management was agreeable, workplace culture was good. Employees worked as teams. The management had parties and contests to help boost morale to relieve stress. There was unlimited overtime. It was overall enjoyable.

Pros

The overtime pay was good. The company lunches were good for stress reliefe.

Cons

It was stressful

Empowered to make decisions

Excellent international insurance company. Lots of collaboration with team to make decisions regarding specific accounts. Good morale and good communications.

Pros

teamwork

great company

This was a great job to work for. There was so much opportunity for advancement within the company. Too bad I had to relocate to another state or I would still be working for Zurich.

Underwriter.

Excellent company to work for. Competitive pay and benefits. Company reorganized and the department was closed and work was consolidated to the marketing reps. Traing is excellent for this company and management is good.

Pros

na

Cons

na

Great Comapny picnics when it was Maryland Casualty then everything chainged.

*Typical work day - reviewed emails, address files on diary, return all calls within the same day. Contacted insured and claimants within 24 hours on new claims. Addressed existing claims. *Learned - Dissecting a policy and coverage. Completing Reservation of Rights letters. Computer system, Case Law *Management - ???????????? *Workplace Culture - Great Co-workers- Too high of a claims pending *Hardest part of the job - Pending too high and not enough adjusters Not enough Reserve authority to get a claim settled when it should have been. *Most enjoyable - my co-workers and the clients.

Pros

Learned so much about the policy & coverage. They did help so much in getting licensed in P&C

Cons

Short staffted all the time.

Hurt by this company

I worked for the company over 16 years and was just "let go" one day. I was very hurt and felt that all the work I put in on all my positions didn't matter.

Pros

Great cafeteria, but building is now closed

Cons

Lay off

Fun place to work

Typical day was doing search for new claims, contacting insured, documenting file and preparing file for next course of action. Manager was awesome, my team was awesome and I am grateful to Zurich for this training me and promoting me while the business was here in Maryland.

Pros

Cons

having to deny coverage

undeniable

Working here was great, i received awesome benefits they had family days and picnics and everyone worked as a team there was no goal unreached here

fun work place

Flexible working hours. Cooperative management and get to learn new things over the course of project. Best coworkers in my career so far.

productive and a fun place to work

Zurich was a good company to work for, we had classes to learn about new products and my Co-workers we all helped each other as a team when needed to be productive for the department. The hardest part of the job was making show every thing was batch and accurate for that day before leaving. The most enjoyable part of the job was when a job was well done and having recommendation, and department parties.

Pros

Company gave free breakfast and lunches few times a years

Cons

We had two breaks each day and classes for healthcare

Good commercial company

Loved working there. These were the good old days when I started working. Still have great friends and contacts. Learned a lot there!!

Productive fun place to work

The Sales Support Specialist / Meeting Planner position was an enjoyable role. I enjoyed working with the team and the overall responsibilities of the role. Management was fair and I enjoyed working with the team

Pros

Team Building activities were enjoyable and really contributed to the closeness of the team

Cons

nothing comes to mind

Wonderful place to work.

Plenty of opportunity for advancement within the company. Spent 25 years working there and would still be there if my position wasn't outsourced to Poland.

Pros

A huge company to work for with plenty of advancement opportunities.

Cons

Job was eliminated and outsourced to Poland

great company

zurich was a great place to work. Learned alot over the years. Coworkers were great.

Cons

would not pay for any educational training ie ins courses

Flexible work hours and competitive benefits.

Rating all commercial lines of business including endorsements, new business, renewal and cancellation transactions. Years of experience opened the door for the opportunity to be cross trained as an underwriting assistant.

Pros

Flexible work hours.

Cons

Lunch/breaks.

I have worked within the Zurich Financial Group for the last 21 years. It has been a great place to work over the years.

The Zurich Financial Group has been a great place to work over the years. I have had the opportunity to work in many different business units through the organization helping me gain extensive knowledge in many different areas within the organization.

Pros

benefits; pto, flexibility, tuition assistance

Cons

no longer room for growth within the baltimore office.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Zurich Insurance. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement